Duda lifts Mets over RockiesApr 29, 2012 - 5:43 AM
Ruben Tejada tallied three hits and scored twice for the Mets, who have won four of their past five games.
Dillon Gee (2-2) picked up the win after allowing four runs -- three earned -- on seven hits and two walks over seven innings and Frank Francisco worked around a Dexter Fowler solo shot in the ninth to pick up his fifth save of the season.
"I just need to focus on each pitch at a time," said Gordon. "Things got rough there early on, but I was able to bring it back and keep things in control."
Guillermo Moscoso (0-1) was touched for six runs on nine hits and one walk in a five-inning start for Colorado.
"Tonight boils down to a couple of innings where we weren't able to lock things down," said Colorado manager Jim Tracy.
Trailing 4-3 after four innings, the Mets surged ahead after plating three two-out runs in the fifth.
Tejada and Daniel Murphy reached with singles and Wright brought Tejada home with a base hit to right field. Duda stepped up next and singled up the middle to plate Murphy and Wright, giving the Mets a 6-4 advantage.
The Mets added an insurance run in the ninth as pinch-hitter Mike Baxter, who led off with a double, came home on Edgmer Escalona's wild pitch.
Colorado struck first with a run in the opening frame. Marco Scutaro led off with a single, stole second base and advanced to third on Josh Thole's throwing error. He came home on Troy Tulowitzki's groundout to shortstop.
The Mets, though, took the lead after a two-run second and stretched the margin with a run in the third.
Wright began the second frame with a single through the hole on the left side and Duda belted a two-run homer to dead center field.
New York registered three straight two-out hits to get a run in the third. Tejada and Murphy reached with singles and Wright golfed a double to left field, bringing home Tejada to make it 3-1.
But Colorado regained its advantage following a three-run fourth.
Consecutive singles by Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez put runners on the corners with none away. Todd Helton then reached out and slapped a ground-ball double over the first-base bag to plate Gonzalez. Michael Cuddyer singled through the hole on the right side to score Tulowitzki, and he came home when Moscoso singled to right-center field three batters later.
Fowler's home run was his fourth of the year...New York was 3-for-9 with runners in scoring position, while Colorado was also 3-for-9.
- NEW YORK: 7
Apr 28 11:08 PM
- Dexter Fowler two-out, solo Home Run (4) to right. Edgmer Escalona due up.
Mets 7, Rockies 5 Bot 9, 2 OutsApr 28 11:03 PM
- With Daniel Murphy batting, Mike Baxter scored on a passed ball by catcher Wilin Rosario with two out. None on and Daniel Murphy at the plate.
Mets 7, Rockies 4 Top 9, 2 OutsApr 28 10:53 PM
- Lucas Duda singled to center scoring Daniel Murphy and David Wright with two out. Runner on first and Scott Hairston due up.
Mets 6, Rockies 4 Top 5, 2 OutsApr 28 9:50 PM
- David Wright singled to right scoring Ruben Tejada with two out. On the play, Daniel Murphy advances to third. Runners on first and third and Lucas Duda due up.
Mets 4, Rockies 4 Top 5, 2 OutsApr 28 9:46 PM
- Guillermo Moscoso singled to right scoring Michael Cuddyer with two out. On the play, Wilin Rosario advances to third. Runners on first and third and Marco Scutaro due up.
Mets 3, Rockies 4 Bot 4, 2 OutsApr 28 9:38 PM
- Dexter Fowler fouled out to third. Runners on first and second with two outs and Guillermo Moscoso due up.
Mets 3, Rockies 3 Bot 4, 2 OutsApr 28 9:32 PM
- Todd Helton doubled to right scoring Carlos Gonzalez with none out. On the play, Troy Tulowitzki advances to third. Runners on second and third and Michael Cuddyer due up.
Mets 3, Rockies 2 Bot 4, 0 OutsApr 28 9:20 PM
- David Wright doubled to left scoring Ruben Tejada with two out. On the play, Daniel Murphy advances to third. Runners on second and third and Lucas Duda due up.
Mets 3, Rockies 1 Top 3, 2 OutsApr 28 8:59 PM
- Lucas Duda none-out, two-run Home Run (4) to right center scored David Wright. Scott Hairston due up.
Mets 2, Rockies 1 Top 2, 0 OutsApr 28 8:30 PM
- Troy Tulowitzki grounded into a fielder's choice, short to second scoring Marco Scutaro with two out. On the play, Carlos Gonzalez out at second. Runner on first and Todd Helton due up.
Mets 0, Rockies 1 Bot 1, 2 OutsApr 28 8:23 PM
- NEW YORK: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Apr 28 8:10 PM
- Mets' Duda out long term with stress fracture in lower back May 23
- Mets-Nationals Preview May 23
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch, leaves game May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates postponed after 1 inning; makeup on Monday May 22
- Syndergaard Ks 11, Conforto homers as Mets sweep Brewers May 22
- Signs of progress for Stanton in Marlins' 8-2 loss to Nats May 22
- Braun back in Brewers' lineup vs Mets after missing 4 games May 22
- Brewers-Mets Preview May 21
- Rockies-Pirates Preview May 21