Colvin's game-winner leads Rockies past BrewersAug 16, 2012 - 3:44 AM
Holding a 6-5 lead, the Brewers sent Jim Henderson (0-2) to the mound in the ninth. With one out, pinch-hitter Wilin Rosario and Eric Young Jr. hit back- to-back singles to put men on the corners. Colvin knocked in both runners with a double down the right-field line to give the Rockies a three-game sweep.
Chris Nelson went 2-for-4 with three RBI for Colorado, which has won three in a row at Coors Field for the first time since a five-game run from May 28-June 1.
"That's a really good game for our young people to be involved in and execute in the manner in which they did," Rockies manager Jim Tracy said.
Rockies starter Guillermo Moscoso, who was recalled from Triple-A Colorado Springs prior to the game, allowed four runs on seven hits over four-plus innings. Will Harris (1-0) tossed two scoreless innings of relief to pick up the win.
Nyjer Morgan went 2-for-4 with three RBI for the Brewers, who went 1-5 on a six-game road trip. Jean Segura, Corey Hart and Rickie Weeks added an RBI apiece.
Milwaukee starter Mark Rogers allowed five runs on seven hits over six full frames. He was reinstated from the paternity list before the game.
"Same thing, we played good baseball but gave it up at the end," Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said. "We had chances offensively to score runs, but we're not getting that big hit we need to get."
The Rockies jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the first inning. With runners on the corners and two outs, Ramon Hernandez hit an RBI single to center. After Jordan Pacheco walked to load the bases, Nelson hit a two-run single to left. Pacheco was thrown out at the plate on the play.
Young's solo homer in the second gave Colorado a 4-0 lead.
But Milwaukee scored five runs in the fifth to jump in front. Carlos Gomez walked and raced home on Weeks' double to center. Following Aramis Ramirez's infield single, Hart hit an RBI double to left. Carlos Torres came in from the bullpen and hit Jonathan Lucroy with a pitch to load the bases. Morgan's two- run single and Segura's sacrifice fly made it a 5-4 game.
The Rockies tied the game in the sixth after Carlos Gonzalez reached base on a bunt single, moved to second on a sacrifice bunt and scored on Nelson's single to left.
The Brewers responded with a run of their own in the seventh to take the lead again. Hart walked, moved to second when Lucroy flied out and scored on Morgan's single to left.
The Rockies went 5-1 against the Brewers this season ... Colorado designated pitcher Mike Ekstrom for assignment ... Milwaukee optioned infielder Jeff Bianchi to Triple-A Nashville.
- MILWAUKEE: 6
Aug 15 6:22 PM
- Tyler Colvin double to right scored Wilin Rosario and Eric Young Jr. with one out to end the game.
Brewers 6, Rockies 7 Bot 9, 1 OutAug 15 6:19 PM
- Nyjer Morgan single to left scored Corey Hart with one out. Runner on first and Jean Segura due up.
Brewers 6, Rockies 5 Top 7, 1 OutAug 15 5:27 PM
- Chris Nelson single to left scored Carlos Gonzalez with two out. Runner on first and Jonathan Herrera due up.
Brewers 5, Rockies 5 Bot 6, 2 OutsAug 15 5:18 PM
- Jean Segura sacrifice fly to right scored Jonathan Lucroy with one out. Runner on first and Mark Rogers due up.
Brewers 5, Rockies 4 Top 5, 1 OutAug 15 4:50 PM
- Nyjer Morgan single to center scored Aramis Ramirez and Corey Hart with none out. On the play, Jonathan Lucroy advances to third. Runners on first and third and Jean Segura due up.
Brewers 4, Rockies 4 Top 5, 0 OutsAug 15 4:49 PM
- Corey Hart double to left scored Rickie Weeks with none out. On the play, Aramis Ramirez advances to third. Runners on second and third and Jonathan Lucroy due up.
Brewers 2, Rockies 4 Top 5, 0 OutsAug 15 4:43 PM
- Rickie Weeks double to center scored Carlos Gomez with none out. Runner on second and Aramis Ramirez due up.
Brewers 1, Rockies 4 Top 5, 0 OutsAug 15 4:36 PM
- Eric Young Jr. two-out, solo Home Run (4) to left. Tyler Colvin due up.
Brewers 0, Rockies 4 Bot 2, 2 OutsAug 15 4:00 PM
- Chris Nelson single to left scored Carlos Gonzalez and Ramon Hernandez with two out. On the play, Jordan Pacheco out at home, left to second to first to second to catcher to third to end the inning.
Brewers 0, Rockies 3 End 1Aug 15 3:46 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Aug 15 3:12 PM
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- Brewers-Braves Preview May 23
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch, leaves game May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates postponed after 1 inning; makeup on Monday May 22
- Syndergaard Ks 11, Conforto homers as Mets sweep Brewers May 22
- Eickhoff shuts down Braves over 7 innings, Phillies win 5-0 May 22
- Braun back in Brewers' lineup vs Mets after missing 4 games May 22
- LEADING OFF: Bradley's 26-game hit streak, Braun recovering May 22
- Closer Melancon takes first loss as Pirates fall to Rockies May 22
- Brewers-Mets Preview May 21
- Rockies-Pirates Preview May 21