Astros rally from early deficit to edge RangersMay 20, 2012 - 5:34 AM
Chris Snyder added a solo home run while Travis Buck's pinch-hit, RBI double proved to be the winner for the Astros, who have won three of four. Lucas Harrell (3-3) got the win as he gave up four runs -- one earned -- on five hits with three walks and six strikeouts over 5 2/3 innings.
David Murphy hit an inside the park, three-run home run while Adrian Beltre had two hits, an RBI and a run scored for the Rangers, who have lost four of six. Derek Holland (3-3) gave up five runs on five hits with two walks and six strikeouts in five innings to take the loss.
Texas jumped on top in the third inning. With two outs and Elvis Andrus on second, Beltre singled to left to score Andrus. Michael Young then reached base on Jed Lowrie's fielding error. Murphy followed with a shot to right- center that was just out of the reach of a diving Jordan Schafer. The ball rolled to the wall and Murphy came home for an inside the park home run.
Snyder led off the third with his second home run of the year and Lee added a two-run shot in the fourth to make it a 4-3 game.
The fifth inning saw the Astros go up by a run when Jose Altuve singled with two outs and Maxwell followed with a blast over the wall in center for a 5-4 lead.
"When you get a lead like that my job is to go down and shut them out. Obviously I didn't do that," Holland said. "It's just very frustrating for something like that, to come out and work hard. You get out there and barely make it five innings."
It was 6-4 on a Buck pinch-hit, RBI double in the sixth, but Josh Hamilton's sacrifice fly in the seventh scored Andrus, who had tripled right before, to make it a one-run game.
Brett Myers came on in the ninth to close the game and gave up a one-out single to Andrus, but Hamilton grounded into a 3-6-1 double play -- with Andrus getting tagged out in a rundown -- as Myers picked up his 10th save.
"I didn't think I was going to get him," Myers said. "I was watching his eyes. He kind of pump-faked me a little bit and came back toward me."
Schafer left the game after the home run with a left ankle sprain. X-rays were taken and came up negative. He will be further evaluated on Sunday and will sit out the series finale...Beltre has a 10-game hitting streak...It was the first inside the park homer for Murphy. Also, it was the 23rd inside the parker in Texas history and first since Sept. 23, 2011, when Craig Gentry did it in Seattle...It was the first time this season Houston hit three home runs in a game...Colby Lewis pitches for Texas on Sunday while Jordan Lyles will be on the mound for Houston.
- TEXAS: 5
May 19 10:17 PM
- Josh Hamilton sacrifice fly to right scored Elvis Andrus with two out. None on and Adrian Beltre due up.
Rangers 5, Astros 6 Top 7, 2 OutsMay 19 9:31 PM
- Pinch-Hitter Travis Buck double to right scored J.D. Martinez with two out. On the play, Chris Snyder advances to third. Runners on second and third and Brian Bogusevic due up.
Rangers 4, Astros 6 Bot 6, 2 OutsMay 19 9:22 PM
- Justin Maxwell two-out, two-run Home Run (2) to center scored Jose Altuve. Carlos Lee due up.
Rangers 4, Astros 5 Bot 5, 2 OutsMay 19 8:57 PM
- Carlos Lee none-out, two-run Home Run (4) to left scored Justin Maxwell. Jed Lowrie due up.
Rangers 4, Astros 3 Bot 4, 0 OutsMay 19 8:30 PM
- Chris Snyder lead-off Home Run (2) to left. Lucas Harrell due up.
Rangers 4, Astros 1 Bot 3, 0 OutsMay 19 8:12 PM
- David Murphy two-out, three-run inside-the-park Home Run (4) to right center scored Adrian Beltre and Michael Young. Nelson Cruz due up.
Rangers 4, Astros 0 Top 3, 2 OutsMay 19 8:04 PM
- Adrian Beltre single to left scored Elvis Andrus with two out. Runner on first and Michael Young due up.
Rangers 1, Astros 0 Top 3, 2 OutsMay 19 7:59 PM
- TEXAS: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
May 19 7:16 PM
- Josh Hamilton will miss all season with another knee surgery May 23
- Orioles-Astros Preview May 23
- Angels-Rangers Preview May 23
- Rangers put OF Choo back on DL after only 1 game in return May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Darvish seems ready for return to Rangers after strong rehab May 22
- Odor to have appeal hearing for 8-game suspension Tuesday May 22
- Hamels fans 11, Rangers down Keuchel, Astros 9-2 for sweep May 22
- Rangers-Astros Preview May 21
- Andrus, Ramos lead Rangers over Astros 2-1 May 21
- Rangers-Astros Preview May 21