Trout carries Angles over DodgersJun 12, 2012 - 6:55 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Mike Trout hit a solo homer, knocked in two runs, stole two bases and scored the go-ahead run in the top of the ninth inning to lift the Angels to a 3-2 victory over the Dodgers in the opener of a three-game set at Dodger Stadium.
With the game tied at 2-2, Trout worked a one-out walk in the ninth before swiping his second bag of the night. Albert Pujols then followed two batters later with a single into left off the end of the bat that scored Trout from second and gave the Angels a one-run advantage.
Jason Isringhausen (2-0) got the win after recording the final out of the eighth and Ernesto Frieri worked a scoreless ninth to nail down his fifth save of the year as the Angels won their 10th consecutive game on the road.
Kenley Jansen (4-1) took the loss after giving up Pujols' single in the ninth. Dee Gordon clubbed two hits and scored a run, but the Dodgers lost their fifth straight game at home.
After the Angels failed to score with the bases loaded in the top of the first, the Dodgers took advantage when they put runners in scoring position in the bottom half.
Gordon worked a leadoff walk and made his way to third when Elian Herrera slapped a ground-rule double down the third-base line that was picked up by a fan in the front row.
Andre Ethier then plated Gordon with a groundout to shortstop before Bobby Abreu walked.
After a Jerry Hairston flyout, Herrera scored from second when Angels starter Garrett Richards fired a pick-off attempt into center field. Trout over ran the ball in center as Herrera rounded third and crossed the plate to give the home team a 2-0 edge.
"We got two runs early and then they made pitches and we didn't get hits," remarked Dodgers manager Don Mattingly.
The Angels cut the difference in half in the fourth when Trout belted a two- out solo homer into the left-field seats for his sixth of the season.
"I just reacted to the curveball up," said Trout about his homer. "I couldn't feel it hit the bat because I squared it up. It was a good pitch to hit."
Trout then tied the game in the sixth when he singled to right to score Erick Aybar and knot the game, 2-2.
Richards allowed two runs -- one earned -- on five hits and five walks over his five-inning start...Dodgers starter Chris Capuano surrendered two runs on eight hits and four walks in five-plus innings...The Angels 10-game road win- streak is the club's longest since they won 11 in a row in 1988...The Dodgers reinstated infielder Juan Uribe from the 15-day disabled list. He entered as a pinch-hitter in the ninth and was hit by a pitch...Ethier and the Dodgers agreed to a five-year, $85 million contract extension Monday, per reports.
- LOS ANGELES: 3
LOS ANGELES: 2
Jun 12 2:10 AM
- Albert Pujols single to left scored Mike Trout with two outs. Runner on first and Mark Trumbo due up.
Angels 3, Dodgers 2 Top 9, 2 OutsJun 12 1:51 AM
- Mike Trout stole third. Runner on third with two outs and Torii Hunter at the plate.
Angels 2, Dodgers 2 Top 6, 2 OutsJun 12 12:31 AM
- Mike Trout two-out, solo Home Run (6) to left. Torii Hunter due up.
Angels 1, Dodgers 2 Top 4, 2 OutsJun 11 11:32 PM
- Elian Herrera advances to third on Garrett Richards's throwing error on a pickoff attempt. On the play, Elian Herrera scored on Mike Trout's fielding error. Bobby Abreu advances to third. on indifference. Elian Herrera scored on Garrett Richards's error. Bobby abreu advances to third. Runner on third with two outs and James Loney at the plate.
Angels 0, Dodgers 2 Bot 1, 2 OutsJun 11 10:37 PM
- Bobby Abreu walked. Runners on first and second with one out and Jerry Hairston Jr. due up.
Angels 0, Dodgers 1 Bot 1, 1 OutJun 11 10:30 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Jun 11 10:12 PM
- Angels-Rangers Preview May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Perez's 5 RBIs help Weaver and Angels top Orioles 10-2 May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22
- Shoemaker strikes out 12, Angels lose 3-1 to Orioles May 22