Angels rally to top DodgersJun 23, 2012 - 6:13 AM Anaheim, CA (Sports Network) - Mike Trout homered, Torii Hunter hit a two-run single and the Angels rallied for a 8-5 win over the Dodgers Friday in the opener of a three-game interleague series.
The Dodgers were ahead 5-0 in the second inning, but Anaheim scored the game's final eight runs to earn the comeback victory.
Erick Aybar had a double, a triple and two RBI for the Angels, who have won 21 of their last 28 games.
Dan Haren (5-7) got the decision despite allowing five runs on nine hits in five innings. He walked three and struck out five.
"(Haren) had a rough two innings but he settled in and gave us a chance," said Trout.
Bobby Abreu, who was released by the Angels in April, hit a three-run homer in the first inning while Jerry Hairston and Juan Rivera both had an RBI single in the second for the Dodgers, losers of four straight games.
Chad Billingsley (4-6) was charged with six runs on 10 hits over five innings in the setback. He walked one and struck out five.
Haren had received three runs of support or less in 11 of his 14 outings this season, but Anaheim rallied around its starter on Friday.
Kendrys Morales and Mark Trumbo slapped consecutive singles to begin the home second, setting the stage for a three-run frame. Alberto Callaspo doubled home Morales before Howie Kendrick' sac fly plated Trumbo. Aybar added a run- scoring groundout, making it 5-3, and the Angels went ahead for good in the fourth.
Trout's solo homer to left-center was the go-ahead shot. It was preceded by a leadoff single by Callaspo and a triple into the right field corner by Aybar, who then scored on Bobby Wilson's bunt, sliding around the tag at home with the tying run.
"I just tried to be aggressive," said Trout of his homer.
Hunter's single in the sixth plated Wilson and Trout, capping the scoring.
"I'm not sure if they hit good pitches or not but they got back in it quick," said Dodgers coach Don Mattingly. "Our guys battled and kept fighting. At the end of the day, we got beat."
The Angels have scored 26 runs over their last three games -- all wins...Billingsley fell to 1-5 in nine games -- seven starts -- against the Angels in his career...The Dodgers' four-game losing streak is their second longest of the season, eclipsed only by a five-game stretch from May 28-June 1.
- LOS ANGELES: 5
LOS ANGELES: 8
Jun 23 1:29 AM
- Torii Hunter singled to right center scored Bobby Wilson and Mike Trout. Runner on first with one out and Albert Pujols due up.
Dodgers 5, Angels 8 Bot 6, 1 OutJun 23 12:23 AM
- Mike Trout two-out, solo Home Run (7) to center. Torii Hunter due up.
Dodgers 5, Angels 6 Bot 4, 2 OutsJun 22 11:37 PM
- Bobby Wilson sacrifice bunt to pitcher scored Erick Aybar. None on with two outs and Mike Trout due up.
Dodgers 5, Angels 5 Bot 4, 2 OutsJun 22 11:37 PM
- Erick Aybar tripled to right scored Alberto Callaspo. Runner on third with one out and Bobby Wilson due up.
Dodgers 5, Angels 4 Bot 4, 1 OutJun 22 11:33 PM
- Erick Aybar grounded out second to first scored Alberto Callaspo. None on with two outs and Bobby Wilson due up.
Dodgers 5, Angels 3 Bot 2, 2 OutsJun 22 10:54 PM
- Howie Kendrick sacrifice fly to center scored Mark Trumbo. On the play, Alberto Callaspo advances to third. Runner on third with one out and Erick Aybar due up.
Dodgers 5, Angels 2 Bot 2, 1 OutJun 22 10:52 PM
- Alberto Callaspo doubled to right scored Kendrys Morales. On the play, Mark Trumbo advances to third. Runners on second and third with none out and Howie Kendrick due up.
Dodgers 5, Angels 1 Bot 2, 0 OutsJun 22 10:49 PM
- Juan Rivera singled to left scored Jerry Hairston Jr.. On the play, Andre Ethier advances to second. Runners on first and second with two outs and James Loney due up.
Dodgers 5, Angels 0 Top 2, 2 OutsJun 22 10:39 PM
- Bobby Abreu struck out swinging. Runners on first and second and with two outs and Juan Rivera due up.
Dodgers 4, Angels 0 Top 2, 2 OutsJun 22 10:37 PM
- Adam Kennedy walked. Runners on first and second with two outs and A.J. Ellis due up.
Dodgers 3, Angels 0 Top 1, 2 OutsJun 22 10:19 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Jun 22 10:08 PM
- Angels-Rangers Preview May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Perez's 5 RBIs help Weaver and Angels top Orioles 10-2 May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22
- Shoemaker strikes out 12, Angels lose 3-1 to Orioles May 22