Brewers beat Kershaw, DodgersMay 31, 2012 - 6:00 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Carlos Gomez went 4-for-5 with two RBI and a run scored as the Milwaukee Brewers took a 6-3 win over the Los Angeles Dodgers in the third game of a four-game set.
Corey Hart had three hits while Rickie Weeks scored twice for the Brewers, who have won the first three games of this series. Yovani Gallardo (4-4) gave up three runs on eight hits with three walks and eight strikeouts in six-plus innings.
Clayton Kershaw (4-3) was touched for five runs on eight hits with four walks and seven strikeouts over 5 2/3 innings for the Dodgers, who have lost three straight for the first time this season.
The game wasn't the only thing Los Angeles lost on Wednesday as center fielder Matt Kemp left the game in the first inning after scoring on an Andre Ethier double.
Playing just his second game after coming off the disabled list on Tuesday, Kemp re-aggravated his left hamstring strain then snapped a bat over his knee before walking into the locker room. He had been on the DL since May 14 and will have an MRI on Thursday.
The Dodgers grabbed the lead on Ethier's double in the first, but the Brewers got a two-run single from Gomez in the fourth to take a 2-1 lead.
Milwaukee scored three more times in the sixth. Martin Maldonado executed a suicide squeeze to score Weeks then Gallardo helped his cause with a single that plated Gomez. Norichika Aoki later added an RBI single for a 5-1 lead.
The Dodgers got two back in the seventh as Eilan Herrera hit a two-run single that scored A.J. Ellis and Dee Gordon, but the Brewers got one back in the eighth on Aramis Ramirez's fielder's choice that scored Nyjer Morgan.
Francisco Rodriguez pitched a scoreless eighth and John Axford did likewise in the ninth for his 10th save of the season.
Milwaukee has won five of six from the Dodgers this season...Gallardo is now 1-3 in six starts against the Dodgers...Kershaw fell to 2-3 in six starts against the Brewers...The Dodgers hit into four double plays in the game.
- MILWAUKEE: 6
LOS ANGELES: 3
May 31 1:40 AM
- Aramis Ramirez grounded into a fielder's choice, short to second scored Nyjer Morgan. Ryan Braun out at second, Corey Hart advances to third. Runners on first and third with two outs and Rickie Weeks due up.
Brewers 6, Dodgers 3 Top 8, 2 OutsMay 31 1:05 AM
- Elian Herrera singled to right scored A.J. Ellis and Dee Gordon. On the play, Ivan De Jesus advances to second. Runners on first and second with none out and James Loney due up.
Brewers 5, Dodgers 3 Bot 7, 0 OutsMay 31 12:51 AM
- Norichika Aoki infield single to second scored Yovani Gallardo. On the play, Corey Hart advances to second. Runners on first and second with two outs and Ryan Braun due up.
Brewers 5, Dodgers 1 Top 6, 2 OutsMay 31 12:19 AM
- Yovani Gallardo singled to left scored Carlos Gomez. Runner on first with two outs and Corey Hart due up.
Brewers 4, Dodgers 1 Top 6, 2 OutsMay 31 12:13 AM
- Martin Maldonado safety squeeze bunt to first scored Rickie Weeks. On the play, Carlos Gomez advances to second. Runner on second with two outs and Yovani Gallardo due up.
Brewers 3, Dodgers 1 Top 6, 2 OutsMay 31 12:12 AM
- Martin Maldonado flied out to right. Runners on first and second and with two outs and Yovani Gallardo due up.
Brewers 2, Dodgers 1 Top 4, 2 OutsMay 30 11:33 PM
- Andre Ethier doubled to left center scored Matt Kemp. Runner on second with two outs and Bobby Abreu due up.
Brewers 0, Dodgers 1 Bot 1, 2 OutsMay 30 10:27 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
Top 1, 2 Outs
May 30 10:15 PM
- Brewers-Braves Preview May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Syndergaard Ks 11, Conforto homers as Mets sweep Brewers May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Eickhoff shuts down Braves over 7 innings, Phillies win 5-0 May 22
- Braun back in Brewers' lineup vs Mets after missing 4 games May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22
- Dodgers-Padres Preview May 22