Capuano, Ramirez help Dodgers down MarlinsAug 13, 2012 - 3:23 AM Miami, FL (Sports Network) - Chris Capuano took a no-hitter into the seventh inning, Hanley Ramirez drove in three runs, and the Dodgers downed the Cubs, 5-0, on Sunday in the rubber match of a three-game series.
Capuano (11-8) had lost six of his previous seven decision but tossed eight scoreless innings on Sunday, surrendering just two hits and three walks while striking out 10.
Jose Reyes broke up the veteran lefty's no-hitter with a one-out single in the seventh.
"Jose's got a quick bat. I left one over the middle and he smoked it," admitted Capuano.
Ramirez, who was acquired from the Marlins on July 25, had a bases-loaded sacrifice fly in the third inning and reached 500 career RBI with a two-run single in the eighth.
For the series, Ramirez went 6-for-13 with five RBI in his return to Miami.
Wade LeBlanc (1-2) took the loss despite allowing just on run on six hits over seven innings. He struck out four and did not issue a walk to fell to 1-7 in nine career starts versus the Dodgers.
The only other hit for the Marlins was Nick Green's one-out, eighth-inning bloop single, which landed on the line in shallow right field.
Jamey Wright tossed a 1-2-3 ninth to seal the win.
Ramirez's two-run single off of Heath Bell scored Mark Ellis and Matt Kemp, who reached with a single and a double, respectively.
Andre Ethier then singled home Ramirez and Luis Cruz added a two-out double off Chris Hatcher later in the frame, making it 5-0.
"The game went from a very good game to a very bad game in one inning," said Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen of the eighth inning.
Ramirez has 18 RBI in 17 games since joining Los Angeles...LeBlanc has lost five straight starts against the Dodgers. His only win against the club came September 4, 2009 at Chavez Ravine.
- LOS ANGELES: 5
Aug 12 3:55 PM
- Matt Treanor grounded into a fielder's choice. On the play, Luis Cruz out at third to end the inning.
Dodgers 5, Marlins 0 Mid 8Aug 12 3:23 PM
- Chris Hatcher enters the game for the Marlins with a runner on first and one out.
Dodgers 4, Marlins 0 Top 8, 1 OutAug 12 3:17 PM
- Hanley Ramirez single to left scored Mark Ellis and Matt Kemp with one out. Runner on second with one out and Andre Ethier due up.
Dodgers 3, Marlins 0 Top 8, 1 OutAug 12 3:12 PM
- Hanley Ramirez sacrifice fly to left scored Chris Capuano with two out. Runners on first and second with two outs and Andre Ethier due up.
Dodgers 1, Marlins 0 Top 3, 2 OutsAug 12 1:55 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 0
Top 1, 1 Out
Aug 12 1:15 PM
- Rays-Marlins Preview May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Archer hit hard as Rays fall 9-4 to Tigers May 22
- Signs of progress for Stanton in Marlins' 8-2 loss to Nats May 22
- Scherzer pitches 8 innings to help Nats beat Marlins 8-2 May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22