Plouffe's HR in 11th lifts Twins over BrewersMay 20, 2012 - 12:38 AM
With Manny Parra (0-1) on the mound, Plouffe hit a two-out, 2-0 pitch over the left-center field wall for a 5-4 lead.
"I'm just trying to stay consistent and eventually good things will come," said Plouffe. "It's not about me, it's about our team winning four in a row. We got a bit of a roll going right now and it feels good."
Matt Capps set down the side in order in the bottom of the 11th for his ninth save of the season.
Brian Dozier had a pair of sacrifice flies while Ben Revere and Jamey Carroll each drove in a run for the Twins, who have won four straight.
Carl Pavano lasted six innings in the start for Minnesota and gave up two runs on five hits with a walk and six strikeouts. Jeff Gray (3-0) pitched a scoreless 10th for the win.
Aramis Ramirez hit a two-run home run and Nyjer Morgan went 3-for-5 with three runs scored for the Brewers, who have dropped six of their last seven. Yovani Gallardo gave up two runs -- one earned -- on three hits with three walks and three strikeouts over six innings in the start.
"I think both sides threw everything they had out there," said Milwaukee manager Ron Roenicke. "We had a bunch of chances, but it was a tough game and we just couldn't pull it out."
The fourth inning saw each team score a run as Dozier's sac fly in the top of the frame was countered by an RBI single from Jonathon Lucroy in the bottom of the inning.
Minnesota again went on top in the sixth on another sac fly from Dozier, but Ryan Braun singled home Morgan in the bottom of the inning to tie the game.
With the bases loaded in the seventh, Kameron Loe hit Revere with a pitch to force in Drew Butera to give the Twins a 3-2 lead. Jose Veras then came on and got the final two outs to escape without any further damage.
Carroll singled home Alexi Casilla in the top of the eighth for a two-run lead, but Ramirez tied the game in the bottom of the inning with a line drive blast out of the park in left-center with Morgan on base, his third home run of the season.
Minnesota goes for the sweep on Sunday with Jason Marquis on the mound. Zack Greinke will take the hill for Milwaukee...Minnesota left eight men on base as the team went just 1-for-7 with runners in scoring position...Milwaukee had taken four of the six games against Minnesota last season.
- MINNESOTA: 5
May 19 7:56 PM
- Denard Span popped out to second to end the inning.
Twins 5, Brewers 4 Mid 11May 19 7:50 PM
- Aramis Ramirez two-out, two-run Home Run (3) to left center scored Nyjer Morgan. Jonathan Lucroy due up.
Twins 4, Brewers 4 Bot 8, 2 OutsMay 19 7:07 PM
- Jamey Carroll singled to center scoring Alexi Casilla. On the play, Drew Butera advances to third. Runners on first and third with one out and Brian Duensing due up.
Twins 4, Brewers 2 Top 8, 1 OutMay 19 6:53 PM
- Ben Revere hit-by-pitch scored Drew Butera. Bases loaded with one out and Josh Willingham due up.
Twins 3, Brewers 2 Top 7, 1 OutMay 19 6:23 PM
- Ryan Braun singled to left scoring Nyjer Morgan. Runner on first with one out and Aramis Ramirez due up.
Twins 2, Brewers 2 Bot 6, 1 OutMay 19 6:04 PM
- Brian Dozier sacrifice fly out to right scored Denard Span. On the play, Ben Revere advances to third. Runners on first and third and with two outs and Alexi Casilla due up.
Twins 2, Brewers 1 Top 6, 2 OutsMay 19 5:53 PM
- Jonathan Lucroy singled to center scoring Nyjer Morgan. Runner on first with two outs and Rickie Weeks due up.
Twins 1, Brewers 1 Bot 4, 2 OutsMay 19 5:22 PM
- Brian Dozier sacrifice fly out to left scored Ben Revere. Runners on first and second and with two outs and Alexi Casilla due up.
Twins 1, Brewers 0 Top 4, 2 OutsMay 19 5:11 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
May 19 4:10 PM
- Brewers-Braves Preview May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Royals-Twins Preview May 22
- Ventura steps up, but Royals fall short, 3-2 May 22
- Syndergaard Ks 11, Conforto homers as Mets sweep Brewers May 22
- Hughes drops to 1-7 as Twins lose to Blue Jays 3-1 May 22
- Bautista, Donaldson homers propel Blue Jays over Twins 3-1 May 22
- Eickhoff shuts down Braves over 7 innings, Phillies win 5-0 May 22
- Blue Jays manager Gibbons ejected for 4th time this season May 22
- Perkins slowing down rehab in return from shoulder strain May 22
- Braun back in Brewers' lineup vs Mets after missing 4 games May 22