Pirates pick up rare Miller Park winJun 2, 2012 - 4:16 AM
Andrew McCutchen also drove in three runs for the Pirates, who won for just the fifth time in 43 games at Milwaukee's home since the start of the 2007 season.
The Pirates have won six of their last seven overall, moving above .500 (26-25) for the first time since they were 2-1 on April 8.
Kevin Correia (2-5) ended a personal losing streak by limiting the Brewers to a pair of solo home runs in 5 2/3 innings. The right-hander had been 0-5 with a 5.13 earned run average in seven starts since earning a victory April 15 at San Francisco.
Randy Wolf (2-5) was tagged for six runs on eight hits and four walks over six frames.
"I just let one inning get away from me," Wolf said.
Milwaukee entered Friday on a season-high four-game winning streak.
The Pirates were trailing, 1-0, when Josh Harrison and McCutchen hit back-to- back triples to begin the third. Neil Walker plated McCutchen with a one-out single to right field, and Walker scored after Matt Hague and Rod Barajas hit consecutive singles.
After Jordy Mercer walked to load the bases, Correia grounded into a force out at home. Tabata then cleared the bases with a drive to center.
"It's good obviously to get early run support, especially considering our struggles here," Correia said.
Corey Hart homered off Correia to start the sixth, but the Pirates padded their lead in the eighth on McCutchen's two-out, two-run double.
Milwaukee opened the scoring on Nyjer Morgan's first-inning home run to right. Morgan had gone 138 plate appearances without an RBI this season before that blast, an MLB record.
Brewers left fielder Ryan Braun left the game after the seventh with a right hip strain...The Pirates activated pitcher Juan Cruz from the restricted list and placed pitcher Charlie Morton on the 15-day disabled list with right elbow inflammation. Cruz was put on the restricted list Monday so he could return home to the Dominican Republic to deal with some personal business.
- PITTSBURGH: 8
Jun 1 11:28 PM
- Andrew McCutchen doubled to left scored Jose Tabata and Josh Harrison. Runner on second with two outs and Pedro Alvarez due up.
Pirates 8, Brewers 2 Top 8, 2 OutsJun 1 10:46 PM
- Corey Hart lead-off Home Run (11) to right. Nyjer Morgan due up.
Pirates 6, Brewers 2 Bot 6, 0 OutsJun 1 10:02 PM
- Josh Harrison flied out to center to end the inning.
Pirates 6, Brewers 1 Mid 3Jun 1 9:09 PM
- Rod Barajas singled to left scored Neil Walker. On the play, Barajas advances to second on the throw and Matt Hague advances to third. Runners on second and third with one out and Jordy Mercer due up.
Pirates 3, Brewers 1 Top 3, 1 OutJun 1 9:02 PM
- Neil Walker singled to right scored Andrew McCutchen. Runner on first with one out and Matt Hague due up.
Pirates 2, Brewers 1 Top 3, 1 OutJun 1 8:54 PM
- Nyjer Morgan one-out, solo Home Run (1) to right. Ryan Braun due up.
Pirates 0, Brewers 1 Bot 1, 1 OutJun 1 8:25 PM
- PITTSBURGH: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Jun 1 8:13 PM
- Brewers-Braves Preview May 23
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch, leaves game May 23
- Rockies-Pirates postponed after 1 inning; makeup on Monday May 22
- Syndergaard Ks 11, Conforto homers as Mets sweep Brewers May 22
- Eickhoff shuts down Braves over 7 innings, Phillies win 5-0 May 22
- Braun back in Brewers' lineup vs Mets after missing 4 games May 22
- LEADING OFF: Bradley's 26-game hit streak, Braun recovering May 22
- Closer Melancon takes first loss as Pirates fall to Rockies May 22
- Adames' first homer caps 4-run 9th as Rockies win 4-1 May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Brewers-Mets Preview May 21
- Rockies-Pirates Preview May 21