Noesi, Montero lead Mariners over TwinsMay 7, 2012 - 12:26 AM
Noesi (2-3) gave up one run on four hits and three walks while striking out five. Mike Carp hit a solo homer and Kyle Seager and Brendan Ryan had an RBI apiece for Seattle, which won the final two games of this series after dropping seven in a row.
Ryan Doumit hit two home runs for the Twins while Nick Blackburn (0-4) gave up five runs over six innings to suffer the loss. He has not won since July 8, 2011.
"I thought he was kind of feeling for the ball, wasn't aggressive until later on in the game, and when he got aggressive, he was pretty effective," Minnesota coach Scott Ullger said of Blackburn.
Seattle went ahead for good in the first inning. Dustin Ackley led off with a walk and Ryan followed with a single. Both runners advanced on Ichiro Suzuki's groundout, then crossed the plate when Montero doubled to left. Seager's line drive single scored Montero.
Carp began the second inning with his first homer of the season and Ryan followed Ackley's fourth-inning triple with a sac fly for a 5-0 lead.
"It's always nice to jump out early, take advantage of opportunities and get out in front like that," said Seattle manager Eric Wedge. "We had a couple guys step up for us in those RBI opportunities which is a good sign. I feel like we've got a lot of guys, offensively, heading in the right direction."
Doumit homered in the seventh and ninth innings to cap the scoring.
Seager has 10 RBI in his last five games...The Mariners have hit 16 home runs in the last 13 games...Doumit's homer in the seventh marked the Twins' first long ball since April 27.
- MINNESOTA: 2
May 6 6:41 PM
- Ryan Doumit one-out, solo Home Run 2 (3) to right. Chris Parmelee due up.
Twins 2, Mariners 5 Top 9, 1 OutMay 6 6:35 PM
- Ryan Doumit lead-off Home Run (2) to right. Chris Parmelee due up.
Twins 1, Mariners 5 Top 7, 0 OutsMay 6 5:55 PM
- Brendan Ryan sacrifice fly foul out to right scored Dustin Ackley. None on with two outs and Ichiro Suzuki due up.
Twins 0, Mariners 5 Bot 4, 2 OutsMay 6 5:26 PM
- Mike Carp lead-off Home Run (1) to right. Michael Saunders due up.
Twins 0, Mariners 4 Bot 2, 0 OutsMay 6 4:44 PM
- Kyle Seager singled to right scored Jesus Montero. Runner on first with one out and John Jaso due up.
Twins 0, Mariners 3 Bot 1, 1 OutMay 6 4:29 PM
- Jesus Montero doubled to left scored Dustin Ackley and Brendan Ryan. Runner on second with one out and Kyle Seager due up.
Twins 0, Mariners 2 Bot 1, 1 OutMay 6 4:26 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
May 6 4:10 PM
- Athletics-Mariners Preview May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Royals-Twins Preview May 22
- Ventura steps up, but Royals fall short, 3-2 May 22
- Hughes drops to 1-7 as Twins lose to Blue Jays 3-1 May 22
- Bautista, Donaldson homers propel Blue Jays over Twins 3-1 May 22
- Martin, Cano help Mariners sweep, hand Reds 7th loss in row May 22
- Blue Jays manager Gibbons ejected for 4th time this season May 22
- Perkins slowing down rehab in return from shoulder strain May 22
- Mariners place Marte on 15-day DL, recall Taylor May 22
- Mariners-Reds Preview May 21