Noesi, Montero carry Mariners over A'sApr 15, 2012 - 3:55 AM
Noesi, acquired in a trade with the Yankees, tossed eight scoreless innings in Seattle's 4-0 win over Oakland on Saturday.
The eight innings marked a career-high for Noesi (1-1), as did his six strikeouts. He allowed just five hits in all.
Montero, a part of that same trade, backed the stellar performance with a solo homer and a two-run double and extended his hit streak to eight games.
Justin Smoak added an RBI for the Mariners, who had lost four of five, including the opener of this three-game series on Friday.
Tommy Milone (1-1) gave up four runs on four hits over six innings in the loss for the Athletics. They had won three of four entering Saturday.
- OAKLAND: 0
Apr 14 11:40 PM
- Jesus Montero doubled to right scored Chone Figgins and Dustin Ackley. On the play, Justin Smoak was thrown out at home to end the inning.
Athletics 0, Mariners 4 End 6Apr 14 10:48 PM
- Jesus Montero one-out, solo Home Run (1) to center. Alex Liddi due up.
Athletics 0, Mariners 1 Bot 2, 1 OutApr 14 9:32 PM
- OAKLAND: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Apr 14 9:10 PM
- Athletics-Mariners Preview May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Bad day gets worse for Athletics in 5-4 loss to Yankees May 22
- Pineda ends slump; Yanks top Oakland 5-4 to win 5th straight May 22
- Martin, Cano help Mariners sweep, hand Reds 7th loss in row May 22
- Gray put on DL by A's because of strained muscle May 22
- Mariners place Marte on 15-day DL, recall Taylor May 22
- Mariners-Reds Preview May 21
- Yankees-Athletics Preview May 21
- Manaea loses focus in A's 5-1 loss to Yankees May 21