Orioles pound A's to open seriesApr 26, 2013 - 6:49 AM
McLouth and Markakis also scored a pair of runs and Davis had two hits, including a solo homer in the sixth inning. Adam Jones had three hits, scored twice and drove in a run, while Matt Wieters and J.J. Hardy both had an RBI for the Orioles, winners in six of their last eight games.
Jason Hammel (3-1) held the A's to just two unearned runs on three hits over six-plus innings.
"It's to not have to play one-run and two-run ball games, which we have been doing for the last year and a half," Hammel said. "It was nice to have a little comfort and get our road trip started off in a nice way.
Josh Donaldson drove in both runs for Oakland, which saw starter Jarrod Parker (0-4) give up six runs on eight hits over 5 1/3 innings.
The A's have dropped six of their last seven games following a three-game sweep of the Houston Astros from April 15-17.
"We just had a stinker tonight. You have to just try to put it past you and be confident that you're going to win tomorrow," A's manager Bob Melvin said.
Donaldson's two-run double in the second inning gave Oakland an early 2-0 lead, but the Orioles would score 10 unanswered runs.
In the third, Nolan Reimold doubled then scored on McLouth's base hit to center. McLouth stole second then scored on Markakis' single to right. Jones followed with a double to left to bring Markakis around.
A Markakis sacrifice fly in the fifth made it 4-2, and Baltimore plated a pair in each of the next three innings.
Davis opened the sixth with a homer, and McLouth drove in Wieters on a fielder's choice.
Wieters' sacrifice fly, followed by Hardy's RBI single in the seventh made it 8-2. Back-to-back RBI singles from Davis and Wieters in the eighth capped the scoring.
The Orioles were 6-for-15 with runners in scoring position ... McLouth has seven stolen bases this season ... Davis has eight home runs this season, tied for most in the AL with Blue Jays' catcher J.P. Arencibia ... The A's are just 4-8 since winning nine straight games earlier this season.
- BALTIMORE: 10
Apr 26 1:22 AM
- Matt Wieters infield single to first. On the play, Chris Davis advances to third and Adam Jones scored on Brandon Moss's throwing error with one out. Runners on first and third and J.J. Hardy due up.
Orioles 10, Athletics 2 Top 8, 1 OutApr 26 1:00 AM
- Chris Davis single to right scored Manny Machado with one out. On the play, Adam Jones advances to second. Runners on first and second and Matt Wieters due up.
Orioles 9, Athletics 2 Top 8, 1 OutApr 26 12:56 AM
- J.J. Hardy single to center scored Adam Jones with one out. On the play, Chris Davis advances to second. Runners on first and second and Ryan Flaherty due up.
Orioles 8, Athletics 2 Top 7, 1 OutApr 26 12:31 AM
- Matt Wieters sacrifice fly to right scored Nick Markakis with one out. On the play, Adam Jones advances to third. Runners on first and third and and J.J. Hardy due up.
Orioles 7, Athletics 2 Top 7, 1 OutApr 26 12:30 AM
- Nate McLouth grounded into a fielder's choice, second to short, scoring Matt Wieters with two outs. Nolan Reimold out at second, Ryan Flaherty advances to third. Runners on first and third and Manny Machado due up.
Orioles 6, Athletics 2 Top 6, 2 OutsApr 26 12:00 AM
- Chris Davis lead-off Home Run (8) to left. Matt Wieters due up.
Orioles 5, Athletics 2 Top 6, 0 OutsApr 25 11:45 PM
- Nick Markakis sacrifice fly to left scored Nate McLouth with two outs. None on and Adam Jones due up.
Orioles 4, Athletics 2 Top 5, 2 OutsApr 25 11:33 PM
- Adam Jones double to left scored Nick Markakis with two outs. Runner on second and Chris Davis due up.
Orioles 3, Athletics 2 Top 3, 2 OutsApr 25 11:02 PM
- Nick Markakis single to right scored Nate McLouth with two outs. Runner on first and Adam Jones due up.
Orioles 2, Athletics 2 Top 3, 2 OutsApr 25 10:59 PM
- Nate McLouth single to center scored Nolan Reimold with one out. Runner on first and Manny Machado due up.
Orioles 1, Athletics 2 Top 3, 1 OutApr 25 10:55 PM
- Josh Donaldson double to center scored Brandon Moss and Josh Reddick with two outs. Runner on second and Eric Sogard due up.
Orioles 0, Athletics 2 Bot 2, 2 OutsApr 25 10:43 PM
- BALTIMORE: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Apr 25 10:08 PM
- Orioles-Astros Preview May 23
- Athletics-Mariners Preview May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Bad day gets worse for Athletics in 5-4 loss to Yankees May 22
- Pineda ends slump; Yanks top Oakland 5-4 to win 5th straight May 22
- Perez's 5 RBIs help Weaver and Angels top Orioles 10-2 May 22
- Gray put on DL by A's because of strained muscle May 22
- Shoemaker strikes out 12, Angels lose 3-1 to Orioles May 22
- Wieters homers in ninth to lift Orioles past Angels, 3-1 May 22
- Orioles-Angels Preview May 22
- Yankees-Athletics Preview May 21