Arcia helps Twins top Red SoxMay 10, 2013 - 5:44 AM Boston, MA (Sports Network) - Oswaldo Arcia went 2-for-4 with a two-run homer and two runs scored to lead the Minnesota Twins to a 5-3 win over the Boston Red Sox in the finale of a four-game set at Fenway Park.
Ryan Doumit and Aaron Hicks each drove in a run for the Twins, winners in three straight games.
"He's a fun kid to watch with the bat," Twins manager Ron Gardenhire said of Arcia. "Watching him come up here and swing the bat is a lot of fun."
Kevin Correia (4-2) gave up three runs on nine hits over 5 1/3 innings to get the win. Glen Perkins stranded a runner in the ninth to pick up his eighth save.
Dustin Pedroia and Daniel Nava each collected two hits and an RBI, while Stephen Drew also drove in a run for the Red Sox, who have dropped six of their last seven games.
John Lackey (1-3) gave up five runs -- one earned -- on six hits while striking out eight over seven frames to absorb the loss.
The Twins scored four runs in the sixth inning to take a 5-2 lead. With runners on second and third, Trevor Plouffe bounced a ball back to Lackey, who fired it to second to initiate a double play, but the throw sailed into center field, allowing Joe Mauer to come around and score.
"I pitched really well. Not real complicated. I've just go to make that one play and win the game," Lackey said of his error.
Doumit followed with a sacrifice fly to right field to score Morneau. Shane Victorino fired a strike to the plate, but Morneau slid safely under David Ross' tag. Arcia's two-out, two-run homer put the visitors ahead by three.
Nava's RBI single scored Mike Napoli in the home half to make it 5-3.
Pedroia got the Red Sox on the board in the third with an RBI single. Victorino ripped a two-out double to right field then scored on Pedroia's base hit to center.
Drew put Boston up 2-0 with an RBI single in the fourth, but Minnesota cut the lead in half in the fifth when Hicks doubled home Arcia.
Arcia celebrated his 22nd birthday on Thursday ... Minnesota had an 11-game errorless streak snapped ... Drew has hit safely in nine of his last 11 games ... Lackey is 7-6 all-time against the Twins ... The Red Sox were 4-3 against the Twins last season, but are just 1-3 against Minnesota this season.
- MINNESOTA: 5
May 9 10:15 PM
- Daniel Nava singled to right scoring Mike Napoli. Runner on first with none out and Will Middlebrooks due up.
Twins 5, Red Sox 3 Bot 6, 0 OutsMay 9 9:03 PM
- Oswaldo Arcia two-out, two-run Home Run (3) to right scored Trevor Plouffe. Aaron Hicks is due up.
Twins 5, Red Sox 2 Top 6, 2 OutsMay 9 8:56 PM
- Ryan Doumit's sacrifice fly to right scored Justin Morneau. Runner on first with two outs and Oswaldo Arcia due up.
Twins 3, Red Sox 2 Top 6, 2 OutsMay 9 8:55 PM
- Trevor Plouffe reached first on a fielder's choice. On the play, Justin Morneau advances to third on John Lackey's throwing error which scored Joe Mauer.. Runners on first and third with one out and Ryan Doumit due up.
Twins 2, Red Sox 2 Top 6, 1 OutMay 9 8:54 PM
- Aaron Hicks doubled to right scoring Oswaldo Arcia. Runner on second with one out and Pedro Florimon due up.
Twins 1, Red Sox 2 Top 5, 1 OutMay 9 8:28 PM
- Stephen Drew singled to center scoring Daniel Nava. Runner on first with two outs and David Ross due up.
Twins 0, Red Sox 2 Bot 4, 2 OutsMay 9 8:15 PM
- Dustin Pedroia singled to center scoring Shane Victorino. Runner on first with two outs and David Ortiz due up.
Twins 0, Red Sox 1 Bot 3, 2 OutsMay 9 7:56 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
May 9 7:10 PM
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Royals-Twins Preview May 22
- Ventura steps up, but Royals fall short, 3-2 May 22
- Hughes drops to 1-7 as Twins lose to Blue Jays 3-1 May 22
- Ortiz gets 4 hits, Bradley's streak at 27, Bosox top Indians May 22
- Bautista, Donaldson homers propel Blue Jays over Twins 3-1 May 22
- Boston's Bradley extends hitting streak to 27 games May 22
- Blue Jays manager Gibbons ejected for 4th time this season May 22
- Perkins slowing down rehab in return from shoulder strain May 22
- Indians-Red Sox Preview May 21