Rangers rock Feldman, OriolesJul 9, 2013 - 5:45 AM Baltimore, MD (Sports Network) - Ian Kinsler had two hits including a double, and four RBI to lead the Texas Rangers to an 8-5 win over the Baltimore Orioles in the opener of a four-game set at Camden Yards.
Elvis Andrus went 2-for-4 with an RBI and two runs scored, while A.J. Pierzynski, Mitch Moreland and Engel Beltre drove in one run apiece for the Rangers, who went 6-for-11 with runners in scoring position.
Derek Holland (7-4) gave up five runs -- three earned -- on 10 hits while fanning seven over 6 2/3 innings to earn the win.
"These guys were out there battling for me. I was battling for them as well," Holland said. "It's a great ball club we're going up against and we know it's going to be a tough battle this week."
Joe Nathan worked a perfect ninth to notch his 30th save of the season.
Manny Machado went 3-for-5 with an RBI and Matt Wieters clubbed a two-run homer for the Orioles, losers in four of their last five games.
Scott Feldman (0-1) was tagged for seven runs on nine hits over 5 1/3 innings to absorb his first loss since being sent back to the American League on July 2.
Texas scored one run in both the third and fourth innings. In the third, Andrus singled then moved to third on a pair of ground outs. Kinsler followed with a base hit to left to push Andrus across.
With the bases loaded in the fourth, Moreland roped a base hit to center to score Nelson Cruz.
The Orioles answered with three runs in the home half to take the lead. J.J. Hardy walked and Nate McLouth laced a double off the fence in right to put runners at second and third with no outs. Brian Roberts followed with a slow grounder on the right side. Moreland's throw to Holland at the base was off target and bounced out of play allowing both runners to come around. Machado's two-out single later in the inning gave the hosts a one-run lead.
Texas exploded for six runs in the sixth inning. Pierzynski roped a double down the left field line to score David Murphy. Feldman then walked Moreland to load the bases for Andrus, who singled to push Adrian Beltre across. Engel Beltre followed with a single to right to score Pierzynski and Kinsler capped the inning with a three-run double to put the Rangers up 8-3.
Wieters crushed a two-run shot in the seventh to make it 8-5, but it would be as close the O's would get as Ross Wolf, Joakim Soria and Nathan combined for 2 1/3 perfect innings.
"We have to do a little better job pitching and take advantage of the opportunities we get," Orioles manager Buck Showalter said.
Texas has won four of their last five games ... The Rangers have won 10 of the last 14 games with Baltimore ... Adrian Beltre, who was named the AL Player of the Week on Monday, extended his hitting streak to 10 games ... Machado leads the majors with 13 three-hit games ... Baltimore went just 1-for-12 with RISP and left 10 men on base.
- TEXAS: 8
Jul 8 10:13 PM
- Matt Wieters one-out, two-run Home Run (12) to right scored Adam Jones. J.J. Hardy due up.
Rangers 8, Orioles 5 Bot 7, 1 OutJul 8 9:31 PM
- Ian Kinsler double to left scored Elvis Andrus, Engel Beltre and Leonys Martin with two outs. Runner on second and David Murphy due up.
Rangers 8, Orioles 3 Top 6, 2 OutsJul 8 9:07 PM
- Engel Beltre single to right scored A.J. Pierzynski with one out. On the play, Elvis Andrus advances to second and Mitch Moreland advances to third. Bases loaded and Leonys Martin due up.
Rangers 5, Orioles 3 Top 6, 1 OutJul 8 9:03 PM
- Elvis Andrus single to left scored Adrian Beltre with one out. On the play, Mitch Moreland advances to second and A.J. Pierzynski advances to third. Bases loaded and Engel Beltre due up.
Rangers 4, Orioles 3 Top 6, 1 OutJul 8 8:59 PM
- A.J. Pierzynski double to left scored David Murphy with one out. On the play, Adrian Beltre advances to third. Runners on second and third and Mitch Moreland due up.
Rangers 3, Orioles 3 Top 6, 1 OutJul 8 8:55 PM
- Manny Machado single to left scored Brian Roberts with two outs. Runner on first and Adam Jones due up.
Rangers 2, Orioles 3 Bot 4, 2 OutsJul 8 8:24 PM
- Brian Roberts single to first scored J.J. Hardy and Nate McLouth, advances to second on Derek Holland's error with none out. On the play, Nate McLouth scored on Derek Holland's error. Runner on second and Alexi Casilla due up.
Rangers 2, Orioles 2 Bot 4, 0 OutsJul 8 8:21 PM
- Mitch Moreland single to center scored Nelson Cruz with one out. On the play, A.J. Pierzynski advances to second and Adrian Beltre advances to third. Bases loaded and Elvis Andrus due up.
Rangers 2, Orioles 0 Top 4, 1 OutJul 8 8:09 PM
- Ian Kinsler single to left scored Elvis Andrus with two outs. Runner on first and David Murphy due up.
Rangers 1, Orioles 0 Top 3, 2 OutsJul 8 7:47 PM
- TEXAS: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Jul 8 7:08 PM
- Josh Hamilton will miss all season with another knee surgery May 23
- Orioles-Astros Preview May 23
- Angels-Rangers Preview May 23
- Rangers put OF Choo back on DL after only 1 game in return May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Darvish seems ready for return to Rangers after strong rehab May 22
- Perez's 5 RBIs help Weaver and Angels top Orioles 10-2 May 22
- Odor to have appeal hearing for 8-game suspension Tuesday May 22
- Hamels fans 11, Rangers down Keuchel, Astros 9-2 for sweep May 22
- Shoemaker strikes out 12, Angels lose 3-1 to Orioles May 22
- Orioles-Angels Preview May 22