Davis, Roberts lead O's past RangersJul 12, 2013 - 2:18 AM Baltimore, MD (Sports Network) - Chris Davis and Brian Roberts each cracked solo homers and Miguel Gonzalez spun 6 2/3 strong innings to guide the Baltimore Orioles to a 3-1 win over the Texas Rangers on Thursday.
Gonzalez (7-3) scattered four hits and two walks to pick up his first win since June 27.
Nate McLouth added an RBI single and Matt Wieters had two hits and scored a run for the Orioles, who won the final two games to split the four-game series.
Ian Kinsler hit a solo homer to provide the lone run for the Rangers, who had won five of six prior to losing the final two games of this set.
Ross Wolf (1-2) was tagged with the loss after surrendering two runs on three hits -- two homers -- over six frames.
Earlier on Thursday, the Rangers placed All-Star starter Yu Darvish on the 15- day disabled list with a strained trapezius in his right shoulder.
Davis clubbed his 34th homer of the season in the second inning, and Roberts added his solo shot in the third to give the O's an early 2-0 lead.
Kinsler's solo blast in the sixth got the Rangers on the board.
The Rangers put a runner on second with no outs in the eighth inning, but Darren O'day retired the next three hitters in order to preserve the lead.
With two on and two out in the eighth, McLouth belted a single to center field to score Wieters to give Baltimore a 3-1 edge.
Jim Johnson gave up a leadoff single to Adrian Beltre, but got A.J. Pierzynski to ground into a double play. Mitch Moreland followed with a two-out base hit to bring the tying run to the plate, but Jurickson Profar grounded out to end the game. It was Johnson's 31st save of the season.
Davis leads the majors with his 34 home runs ... Of Davis' 103 hits, 60 have gone for extra bases ... The last time Baltimore (51-42) had 51 wins before the All-Star break was 1997 (55-30) ... Beltre extended his hitting streak to 13 games ... Tampa Bay's Matt Moore will replace Darvish in the All-Star Game.
- TEXAS: 1
Jul 11 9:41 PM
- Nate McLouth singled in Matt Wieters with two out. On the play, Nolan Reimold advances to third. Runners on second and third with Manny Machado due up.
Rangers 1, Orioles 3 Bot 8, 2 OutsJul 11 9:30 PM
- Ian Kinsler lead-off Home Run (9) to left. Elvis Andrus due up.
Rangers 1, Orioles 2 Top 6, 0 OutsJul 11 8:28 PM
- Brian Roberts lead-off Home Run (2) to right. Nolan Reimold due up.
Rangers 0, Orioles 2 Bot 3, 0 OutsJul 11 7:44 PM
- Chris Davis one-out, solo Home Run (34) to center. Matt Wieters due up.
Rangers 0, Orioles 1 Bot 2, 1 OutJul 11 7:33 PM
- TEXAS: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Jul 11 7:06 PM
- Josh Hamilton will miss all season with another knee surgery May 23
- Orioles-Astros Preview May 23
- Angels-Rangers Preview May 23
- Rangers put OF Choo back on DL after only 1 game in return May 23
- Ejections aplenty for Blue Jays lately May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Darvish seems ready for return to Rangers after strong rehab May 22
- Perez's 5 RBIs help Weaver and Angels top Orioles 10-2 May 22
- Odor to have appeal hearing for 8-game suspension Tuesday May 22
- Hamels fans 11, Rangers down Keuchel, Astros 9-2 for sweep May 22
- Shoemaker strikes out 12, Angels lose 3-1 to Orioles May 22
- Orioles-Angels Preview May 22