Rockies take down BrewersApr 4, 2013 - 4:24 AM
Dexter Fowler added a solo shot, while Eric Young and Reid Brignac added an RBI apiece for the Rockies, who have won two straight since dropping a 5-4 decision to the Brewers on Opening Day.
"We've got a good offense," Rosario remarked. "Hopefully we can keep it up on the road all year like we did here."
Juan Nicasio (1-0) allowed just two runs on seven hits and two walks over six strong innings of starting work for the Rockies.
Rickie Weeks collected three hits, including a solo home run, while Ryan Braun finished 2-for-2 with an RBI and a run scored for the Brewers. Milwaukee starter Wily Peralta (0-1) gave up four runs on six hits and three walks over 5 1/3 frames.
"I feel behind a couple of guys, but I'll be alright," Peralta said. "I just had a hard time getting ahead of hitters. That's just part of the game."
The Rockies jumped on top in the second when Troy Tulowitzki worked a leadoff walk and Rosario followed with a blast into the second deck in left field for a 2-0 lead.
Milwaukee pulled even with a pair of two-out runs in the third, as Weeks kept the frame alive with a solo shot over the left-center field wall.
Braun then singled before Aramis Ramirez followed with a double to put runners on second and third with two outs. After a brief meeting on the mound, Alex Gonzalez scorched a single to left that scored Braun, but Ramirez was thrown out at the plate to keep it a 2-2 game after three frames.
Colorado regained control in the fifth, as Jordan Pacheco clubbed a leadoff double and moved to third on a groundout before scoring on Brignac's double to left to make it 3-2. After Brignac moved to third on Nicasio's bunt, Young smacked a single that scored Brignac for a 4-2 lead.
With Nicasio done after six innings, the Brewers were able to cut the lead in half in the seventh against Colorado reliever Chris Volstad.
Volstad induced consecutive groundouts to start the frame, but Weeks and Braun smacked back-to-back doubles, with the latter plating the former to make it 4-3. Braun would be stranded at second however, as Volstad caught Ramirez staring at strike three to escape the frame.
Colorado gave itself some breathing room with a pair of home runs in the top of the ninth, as Brignac started the frame with a single before Cuddyer followed with a blast deep into the left-field seats to make it 6-3.
After Jonathan Herrera flied out, Fowler scorched a solo shot over the wall in right to push the margin to 7-3.
Rafael Betancourt spun a perfect bottom of the ninth to secure the victory.
Colorado has taken six of its last seven against Milwaukee ... Milwaukee went 2-for-6 with runners in scoring position and left seven men on base ... Milwaukee reliever John Axford allowed three runs on five hits while recording just two outs in the ninth ... Colorado went 3-for-7 with runners in scoring position and left nine men on base.
- COLORADO: 7
Apr 3 11:43 PM
- Dexter Fowler one-out, solo Home Run (2) to right. Carlos Gonzalez due up.
Rockies 7, Brewers 3 Top 9, 1 OutApr 3 11:26 PM
- Michael Cuddyer none-out, two-run Home Run (1) to left scored Reid Brignac. Rex Brothers due up.
Rockies 6, Brewers 3 Top 9, 0 OutsApr 3 11:22 PM
- Ryan Braun double to right scored Rickie Weeks with two out. Runner on second and Aramis Ramirez due up.
Rockies 4, Brewers 3 Bot 7, 2 OutsApr 3 10:44 PM
- Eric Young single to short scored Reid Brignac with two out. Runner on first and Dexter Fowler due up.
Rockies 4, Brewers 2 Top 5, 2 OutsApr 3 9:47 PM
- Reid Brignac double to left scored Jordan Pacheco with one out. Runner on second and Juan Nicasio due up.
Rockies 3, Brewers 2 Top 5, 1 OutApr 3 9:43 PM
- Alex Gonzalez single to left scored Ryan Braun with two out. On the play, Aramis Ramirez thrown out at home to end the inning.
Rockies 2, Brewers 2 End 3Apr 3 9:18 PM
- Rickie Weeks two-out, solo Home Run (1) to left center. Ryan Braun due up.
Rockies 2, Brewers 1 Bot 3, 2 OutsApr 3 9:11 PM
- Wilin Rosario none-out, two-run Home Run (1) to left scored Troy Tulowitzki. Jordan Pacheco due up.
Rockies 2, Brewers 0 Top 2, 0 OutsApr 3 8:49 PM
- COLORADO: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Apr 3 8:11 PM
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- Brewers-Braves Preview May 23
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch, leaves game May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates postponed after 1 inning; makeup on Monday May 22
- Syndergaard Ks 11, Conforto homers as Mets sweep Brewers May 22
- Eickhoff shuts down Braves over 7 innings, Phillies win 5-0 May 22
- Braun back in Brewers' lineup vs Mets after missing 4 games May 22
- LEADING OFF: Bradley's 26-game hit streak, Braun recovering May 22
- Closer Melancon takes first loss as Pirates fall to Rockies May 22
- Brewers-Mets Preview May 21
- Rockies-Pirates Preview May 21