Miley, D-backs top BrewersApr 6, 2013 - 6:45 AM
Miley (1-0) allowed five hits and walked one batter while striking out eight.
Paul Goldschmidt had an RBI double and Martin Prado added a double and scored a run for the Diamondbacks, who have won three of their first four games of the season.
J.J. Putz stranded one runner in the ninth to pick up his first save of the season.
Jean Segura stroked a solo homer, the first of his career, for the Brewers, who have dropped their last three after winning the season opener.
"I feel pretty good at the plate. I am just trying to compete," Segura said. "Last year I didn't hit any. It feels good."
Burke Badenhop (0-1) was pegged with the loss after two runners scored on a wild pitch in the seventh. Badenhop issued a walk and a hit over one- third of an inning. The runners came around on Michael Gonzalez's wild pitch.
Milwaukee starter Kyle Lohse surrendered just one run on five hits over six frames. He struck out five without walking a batter.
Aramis Ramirez left the game in the fourth inning with an apparent knee injury after sliding into second base awkwardly. He went 1-for-2 before exiting.
Martin Prado opened the fourth inning with a double before moving to third on a Miguel Montero groundout. Goldschmidt followed with a double to plate Prado to give the D-backs a 1-0 lead.
Segura's solo homer tied the game in the home half.
With the bases loaded in the seventh, Gonzalez fired a high fastball that skipped off home plate umpire Chris Conroy's mask and rolled to the backstop, allowing both Goldschmidt and Jason Kubel to score.
"Wade was very sharp tonight. He got behind one guy, Segura, who hit the homer. It wasn't pretty, but it was a winning ball game for us tonight," said Arizona manager Kirk Gibson. "We took what was given to us. We were terrible with runners in scoring position, but we won the game because we didn't have any mistakes on the other side on defense."
Arizona went just 1-for-10 with runners ins coring position ... D-backs outfielder Gerardo Parra had a double ... Brewers outfield Ryan Braun missed the game after straining his neck during batting practice. He is considered day-to-day.
- ARIZONA: 3
Apr 5 10:58 PM
- Jason Kubel and Paul Goldschmidt scored on a wild pitch by Michael Gonzalez with two out. On the play, Cliff Pennington advances to third on the wild pitch. Runner on third and Gerardo Parra at the plate.
Diamondbacks 3, Brewers 1 Top 7, 2 OutsApr 5 10:09 PM
- Jean Segura one-out, solo Home Run (1) to center. Rickie Weeks due up.
Diamondbacks 1, Brewers 1 Bot 4, 1 OutApr 5 9:08 PM
- Paul Goldschmidt double to center scored Martin Prado with two out. Runner on second and Jason Kubel due up.
Diamondbacks 1, Brewers 0 Top 4, 2 OutsApr 5 9:02 PM
- ARIZONA: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Apr 5 8:11 PM
- Brewers-Braves Preview May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Syndergaard Ks 11, Conforto homers as Mets sweep Brewers May 22
- Eickhoff shuts down Braves over 7 innings, Phillies win 5-0 May 22
- Greinke, Diamondbacks too much for Cardinals, 7-2 May 22
- Braun back in Brewers' lineup vs Mets after missing 4 games May 22
- LEADING OFF: Bradley's 26-game hit streak, Braun recovering May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Brewers-Mets Preview May 21
- Wright swings away, gives Mets 5-4 comeback win over Brewers May 21
- Diamondbacks-Cardinals Preview May 21
- Late rally falls short as Diamondbacks fall to Cardinals 6-2 May 21