Diamondbacks power past struggling BrewersApr 7, 2013 - 3:51 AM
Hill also had an RBI double and Gerardo Parra added two hits and an RBI for the D-backs, who have won four of their first five games this season.
Patrick Corbin (1-0) allowed two runs on eight hits over six innings to earn the win.
"Corbin was struggling early on, but kept them from adding on," Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said. "It is a good ballpark to hit in. We got some good pitches to hit and didn't miss them."
Jean Segura went 3-for-4 with an RBI and Alex Gonzalez also drove in a run for the Brewers, who have dropped four straight after an Opening Day victory.
Mike Fiers (0-1) allowed six runs on nine hits -- including two homers -- over five frames to absorb the loss.
"Commanding the ball is his big problem," Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said of Fiers. "That could be from a lack of confidence, or getting out of rhythm with your delivery. Or both. We need to find out what the answer is to get him back on track."
Hill plated Martin Prado with a double in the first inning, but Gonzalez brought Norichika Aoki home after a sacrifice fly in the home half, tying the game 1-1.
Segura's RBI double in the second plated Khris Davis, but the Diamondbacks added three runs in fourth and two in the fifth to take a 6-2 lead.
Goldschmidt opened the fourth with a double and Kubel followed with his first homer of the season. Later in the inning with runners on first and second, Parra ripped a base hit to left to score Eric Chavez.
Montero drew a one-out walk in the fifth and Goldschmidt followed with a two- run blast to left center. It was his second homer of the season.
Goldschmidt scored on a throwing error by Segura in the seventh, and Erick Hinske plated Chavez with a single to make it 8-2.
Hill's solo shot in the eighth accounted for the final margin.
Arizona went just 3-for-12 with runners in scoring position and left 11 runners on base ... Goldschmidt had two hits and scored three runs ... Chavez went 2-for-4 ... Milwaukee was just 1-for-7 with runners in scoring position ... Aoki had two hits ... Davis went 1-for-3 with a double in the setback.
- ARIZONA: 9
Apr 6 10:33 PM
- Aaron Hill one-out, solo Home Run (1) to left. Miguel Montero due up.
Diamondbacks 9, Brewers 2 Top 8, 1 OutApr 6 10:02 PM
- Pinch-Hitter Eric Hinske single to center scored Eric Chavez with two out. On the play, Cliff Pennington advances to third. Runners on first and third with two outs and Gerardo Parra due up.
Diamondbacks 8, Brewers 2 Top 7, 2 OutsApr 6 9:48 PM
- Jean Segura throwing error scored Paul Goldschmidt with two out.. On the play, Eric Chavez advances to third. Runners on first and third with two outs and Patrick Corbin due up.
Diamondbacks 7, Brewers 2 Top 7, 2 OutsApr 6 9:46 PM
- Paul Goldschmidt one-out, two-run Home Run (2) to left scored Miguel Montero. Jason Kubel due up.
Diamondbacks 6, Brewers 2 Top 5, 1 OutApr 6 8:49 PM
- Gerardo Parra single to left scored Eric Chavez with one out. On the play, Cliff Pennington was thrown out at third. Runner on second with two outs and Martin Prado due up.
Diamondbacks 4, Brewers 2 Top 4, 2 OutsApr 6 8:32 PM
- Jason Kubel none-out, two-run Home Run (1) to right scored Paul Goldschmidt. Eric Chavez due up.
Diamondbacks 3, Brewers 2 Top 4, 0 OutsApr 6 8:24 PM
- Jean Segura double to center scored Khristopher Davis with two out. On the play, Norichika Aoki advances to third. Runners on second and third with two outs and Rickie Weeks due up.
Diamondbacks 1, Brewers 2 Bot 2, 2 OutsApr 6 8:02 PM
- Alex Gonzalez sacrifice fly to right scored Norichika Aoki with two out. Runner on first with two outs and Jonathan Lucroy due up.
Diamondbacks 1, Brewers 1 Bot 1, 2 OutsApr 6 7:36 PM
- Aaron Hill double to left scored Martin Prado with one out. Runner on second with one out and Miguel Montero due up.
Diamondbacks 1, Brewers 0 Top 1, 1 OutApr 6 7:16 PM
- ARIZONA: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Apr 6 7:10 PM
- Brewers-Braves Preview May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Syndergaard Ks 11, Conforto homers as Mets sweep Brewers May 22
- Eickhoff shuts down Braves over 7 innings, Phillies win 5-0 May 22
- Greinke, Diamondbacks too much for Cardinals, 7-2 May 22
- Braun back in Brewers' lineup vs Mets after missing 4 games May 22
- LEADING OFF: Bradley's 26-game hit streak, Braun recovering May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Brewers-Mets Preview May 21
- Wright swings away, gives Mets 5-4 comeback win over Brewers May 21
- Diamondbacks-Cardinals Preview May 21
- Late rally falls short as Diamondbacks fall to Cardinals 6-2 May 21