Dodgers rally past BrewersApr 27, 2013 - 7:04 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Adrian Gonzalez drove in three runs, including the go-ahead double in the seventh inning that scored Justin Sellers and Nick Punto, and led the Los Angeles Dodgers to a 7-5 win over the Milwaukee Brewers.
Carl Crawford belted a solo home run and had two RBI while Jerry Hairston Jr. and Andre Ethier drove in a run apiece for the Dodgers, who have won four of their last five games.
"I'm just trying to square everything up," Crawford said. "I had a tough road trip, so I'm just trying to get back on track."
Dodgers starter Josh Beckett lasted 5 1/3 innings, giving up three runs on seven hits and two walks, but didn't get a decision. Ronald Belisario (2-2) pitched 1 2/3 perfect innings of relief and Brandon League notched his seventh save.
Yuniesky Betancourt homered, Jean Segura drove in two runs and had a stolen base while Ryan Braun and Norichika Aoki each had an RBI for the Brewers, who saw starter Hiram Burgos allow three runs on four hits and two walks over six innings.
"They played a little bit better than us. They made a few mistakes that we didn't take advantage of. Hopefully tomorrow we have a different outcome," Braun said.
In the seventh, with Matt Guerrier pitching for the Dodgers, Alex Gonzalez singled to start the inning. Paco Rodriguez came into replace Guerrier, and Logan Schafer, who was pinch-hitting for Burgos, hit a sacrifice bunt and advanced Alex Gonzalez to second. Aoki was next and he hit an RBI single. Aoki was able to reach third on a fielding error by Matt Kemp. Segura was up next and attempted to suicide squeeze but whiffed, and Aoki, who was running home, was caught in a rundown. Segura then struck out to end the frame with Milwaukee ahead, 4-3.
In the bottom of the inning, Burke Badenhop came into replace Burgos. He allowed a lead-off single by Sellers and Hairston hit a sacrifice bunt that allowed Sellers to reach second. Mike Gonzalez (0-2) then came in to relieve for the Brewers. After a fly out by Crawford, he walked Punto, setting up Adrian Gonzalez's two-run double as the ball glanced off the glove of Carlos Gomez.
The Dodgers tacked on two more runs in the eighth. With one out, Hairston grounded out, but was able to bring Luis Cruz home. Crawford then singled, plating Sellers.
In the ninth, Segura had an infield single that scored Alex Gonzalez with two outs. He was then able to reach second via throwing error by League. However, League got Braun to ground out towards first to end the game.
Ethier hit a two-out single that scored Mark Ellis in the first to put the Dodgers on the board. Two innings later, Crawford homered to lead off the frame.
Milwaukee got on the board in the fourth with Braun's solo shot. Betancourt would follow that in the fifth with a home run of his own. Alex Gonzalez followed that with a single, advanced to second on a sacrifice bunt by Burgos and reached third on a grounder by Aoki. Segura then singled, plating Alex Gonzalez and giving the Brewers a 3-2 lead.
Adrian Gonzalez responded with an RBI double that scored Crawford, who was hit by a pitch, tying the game at 3-3.
Mark Ellis left the game in the sixth inning with a right quad strain after running out a grounder to the pitcher ... The Dodgers were 4-for-9 with runners in scoring position while the Brewers were 3-for-11 ... Alex Gonzalez was 3-for-4 ... The Brewers entered the game 8-2 in their last 10 games at Dodger Stadium ... The Dodgers play 14 of their next 17 games at home after playing 12 of 15 on the road.
- MILWAUKEE: 5
LOS ANGELES: 7
Apr 27 1:28 AM
- Jean Segura infield single to the pitcher scored Alex Gonzalez with two out, on the play Jean Segura advances to second on Brandon League throwing error. Runner on second with two outs and Ryan Braun due up.
Brewers 5, Dodgers 7 Top 9, 2 OutsApr 27 1:24 AM
- Carl Crawford single to left scored Justin Sellers with two out. Runner on first with two outs and Nick Punto due up.
Brewers 4, Dodgers 7 Bot 8, 2 OutsApr 27 1:12 AM
- Jerry Hairston groundout to third scored Luis Cruz with two out. On the play, Justin Sellers advances to third. Runner on third with two outs and Carl Crawford due up.
Brewers 4, Dodgers 6 Bot 8, 2 OutsApr 27 1:09 AM
- Adrian Gonzalez double to center scored Justin Sellers and Nick Punto with two out. Runner on second with two outs and Matt Kemp due up.
Brewers 4, Dodgers 5 Bot 7, 2 OutsApr 27 12:39 AM
- Norichika Aoki single to center scored Alex Gonzalez with one out, on the play, Norichika Aoki advances to third on Matt Kemp fielding error. Runner on third with one out and Jean Segura due up.
Brewers 4, Dodgers 3 Top 7, 1 OutApr 27 12:21 AM
- Adrian Gonzalez double to right scored Carl Crawford with two out. Runner on second with two outs and Matt Kemp due up.
Brewers 3, Dodgers 3 Bot 5, 2 OutsApr 26 11:48 PM
- Jean Segura single to right scored Alex Gonzalez with two out. Runner on first with two outs and Ryan Braun due up.
Brewers 3, Dodgers 2 Top 5, 2 OutsApr 26 11:34 PM
- Yuniesky Betancourt lead-off Home Run (4) to left center. Alex Gonzalez due up.
Brewers 2, Dodgers 2 Top 5, 0 OutsApr 26 11:24 PM
- Ryan Braun two-out, solo Home Run (7) to right. Jonathan Lucroy due up.
Brewers 1, Dodgers 2 Top 4, 2 OutsApr 26 11:04 PM
- Carl Crawford lead-off Home Run (2) to right center. Mark Ellis due up.
Brewers 0, Dodgers 2 Bot 3, 0 OutsApr 26 10:51 PM
- Andre Ethier single to left scored Mark Ellis with two out. On the play, Matt Kemp advances to second. Runners on first and second with two outs and A.J. Ellis due up.
Brewers 0, Dodgers 1 Bot 1, 2 OutsApr 26 10:28 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Apr 26 10:12 PM
- Brewers-Braves Preview May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Syndergaard Ks 11, Conforto homers as Mets sweep Brewers May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Eickhoff shuts down Braves over 7 innings, Phillies win 5-0 May 22
- Braun back in Brewers' lineup vs Mets after missing 4 games May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22
- Dodgers-Padres Preview May 22