Rockies down DodgersMay 2, 2013 - 6:41 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Carlos Gonzalez, Troy Tulowitzki and Michael Cuddyer each collected two hits, two RBI and a run scored, as the Colorado Rockies downed the Los Angeles Dodgers, 7-3, on Wednesday in the rubber match of a three-game set from Chavez Ravine.
Josh Rutledge went 3-for-4 and knocked in the other run for the Rockies, while Josh Outman (1-0) earned the victory after tossing two scoreless innings in relief of starter Juan Nicasio, who gave up three runs on five hits while striking out six over four frames.
"We put together some good at-bats," Colorado skipper Walt Weiss said. "We did a pretty good job with that all night. Our guys battled. That's what our team does, we compete."
LA starter Josh Beckett (0-4) was tagged for five runs -- four earned -- on five hits and three walks over four innings to absorb the loss.
"This is probably Josh's least effective start," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said of Beckett's outing. "He seemed to be off all night. It was a battle for him out there."
Adrian Gonzalez clubbed a two-run homer and Hanley Ramirez finished 3-for-4 with a run scored for the Dodgers, who wrapped up a six-game homestand at 3-3.
Tulowitzki, who had missed the first two games of this set with a strained left rotator cuff, made an immediate impact, smacking a bases loaded double in the first to score Eric Young and Dexter Fowler.
Cuddyer followed with a sacrifice fly to make it 3-0, but Adrian Gonzalez answered with a two-run blast to right in the bottom half to bring the Dodgers within one.
Adrian Gonzalez nearly hit his second homer of the night in the third with two men on and no one out, but Fowler made a leaping grab at the left-field wall and brought the ball back into play to keep the Rockies in front.
"It was high and I thought I could get it," Fowler remarked. "I ran back and tried to get under it and made the catch. You make a catch like that and it's a game changer."
Nicasio then struck out Matt Kemp for the second out, but after intentionally walking Andre Ethier to load the bases, Nicasio uncorked a wild pitch, allowing Nick Punto to race home for the game-tying run.
Colorado plated a pair in the top of the fourth to regain control, as Rutledge smacked a leadoff double and moved to third on Nicasio's bunt before Young worked a one-out walk.
After Fowler fanned for the second out, Carlos Gonzalez laced a double into the right-field corner to score Rutledge and Young for a 5-3 lead.
The Rockies tacked on a pair in the seventh when Tulowitzki legged out an infield single before scoring on Cuddyer's double to center. Rutledge then plated Cuddyer with a two-out single to account for the final margin.
Colorado finished 3-4 on its seven-game road trip ... Beckett has allowed three or more runs in five of his six starts this season ... Game time: 3:54 ... LA used seven different pitchers, while the Rockies used five.
- COLORADO: 7
LOS ANGELES: 3
May 2 2:07 AM
- Josh Rutledge singled to right scored Michael Cuddyer. On the play, Nolan Arenado advances to second. Runners on first and second with two outs and Josh Outman due up.
Rockies 7, Dodgers 3 Top 7, 2 OutsMay 2 1:05 AM
- Michael Cuddyer doubled to right center scored Troy Tulowitzki. Runner on second with one out and Wilin Rosario due up.
Rockies 6, Dodgers 3 Top 7, 1 OutMay 2 12:58 AM
- Carlos Gonzalez doubled to right scored Josh Rutledge and Eric Young. Runner on second with two outs and Troy Tulowitzki due up.
Rockies 5, Dodgers 3 Top 4, 2 OutsMay 1 11:57 PM
- Juan Nicasio's wild pitch scored Nick Punto, Andre Ethier advances to second, Hanley Ramirez advances to third on a wild pitch. Runners on second and third and with two outs and A.J. Ellis at the plate.
Rockies 3, Dodgers 3 Bot 3, 2 OutsMay 1 11:40 PM
- Adrian Gonzalez one-out, two-run Home Run (3) to right scored Hanley Ramirez. Matt Kemp due up.
Rockies 3, Dodgers 2 Bot 1, 1 OutMay 1 10:39 PM
- Michael Cuddyer sacrifice fly to right scored Carlos Gonzalez. Runner on second with one out and Wilin Rosario due up.
Rockies 3, Dodgers 0 Top 1, 1 OutMay 1 10:24 PM
- Troy Tulowitzki doubled to left center scored Eric Young and Dexter Fowler. On the play, Carlos Gonzalez advances to third. Runners on second and third with none out and Michael Cuddyer due up.
Rockies 2, Dodgers 0 Top 1, 0 OutsMay 1 10:20 PM
- COLORADO: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
May 1 10:12 PM
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch, leaves game May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates postponed after 1 inning; makeup on Monday May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22
- Dodgers-Padres Preview May 22