Diamondbacks rally to down BrewersJul 14, 2013 - 7:27 AM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Pinch-hitter Eric Chavez's go-ahead bases- loaded walk capped a three-run seventh inning as the Arizona Diamondbacks edged the Milwaukee Brewers, 5-4, in the third game of a four-game series at Chase Field.
With one out in the seventh and the Brewers' Kyle Lohse (5-7) pitching with a 4-2 lead, Jason Kubel clubbed a 1-1 slider to right for a home run. After Lohse gave up a single to Cody Ross and walked Miguel Montero, John Axford came in relief.
Axford walked Martin Prado to load the bases and Didi Gregorius smacked an RBI single to right to tie the game. With the bases still loaded, Chavez walked on five pitches to give Arizona the lead for good.
"We never back down. We fight hard. We never give up," Gregorius said.
Will Harris (2-0) was perfect in the top of the seventh to pick up the win, while Brad Ziegler threw a 1-2-3 ninth to notch his third save.
Lohse got the Brewers on the board in the second. With two on and two out, Lohse delivered an RBI single to center.
Lohse pitched effectively, pitching perfectly through the first 4 2/3 innings, but started to falter in the fifth.
After two quick outs, Lohse allowed a solo shot by Montero, tying the game at 1-1.
The Brewers responded with three runs in the sixth. Jean Segura hit a leadoff single and Jonathan Lucroy hammered a two-run shot to left-center field. Following the home run, Carlos Gomez drew a walk and later scored on a passed ball.
Gregorius hammered a 2-0 fastball to right in the home half, as Arizona began to slither its way back.
"You make mistakes and you pay for it," Lohse said. "They're big league hitters. You fall behind and make the wrong pitch, they're going to hit it hard and sometimes it goes out."
Arizona has won six straight against Milwaukee ... The two teams are 55-55 all-time against each other ... Lucroy has 50 RBI as a catcher, which leads the majors at that position ... The Diamondbacks have reached 50 wins before the All-Star break for the first time since 2003 ... Paul Goldschmidt was 0- for-4, ending a nine-game hit streak ... Milwaukee's Wily Peralta, coming off a shutout against the Reds on Tuesday, will start against Arizona's Ian Kennedy in Sunday's series finale.
- MILWAUKEE: 4
Jul 14 1:10 AM
- Pinch-Hitter Eric Chavez walk scored Miguel Montero with one out. Bases loaded and A.J. Pollock due up.
Brewers 4, Diamondbacks 5 Bot 7, 1 OutJul 14 12:25 AM
- Didi Gregorius single to right scored Cody Ross with one out. On the play, Martin Prado advances to second and Miguel Montero advances to third. Bases loaded with Will Harris due up.
Brewers 4, Diamondbacks 4 Bot 7, 1 OutJul 14 12:20 AM
- Jason Kubel one-out, solo Home Run (5) to right center. Cody Ross due up.
Brewers 4, Diamondbacks 3 Bot 7, 1 OutJul 14 12:04 AM
- Didi Gregorius lead-off Home Run (5) to right. Randall Delgado due up.
Brewers 4, Diamondbacks 2 Bot 6, 0 OutsJul 13 11:45 PM
- Carlos Gomez scored on a passed ball by Miguel Montero with two out. None on and Logan Schafer at the plate.
Brewers 4, Diamondbacks 1 Top 6, 2 OutsJul 13 11:43 PM
- Jonathan Lucroy none-out, two-run Home Run (13) to left center scored Jean Segura. Carlos Gomez due up.
Brewers 3, Diamondbacks 1 Top 6, 0 OutsJul 13 11:32 PM
- Miguel Montero two-out, solo Home Run (7) to right. Martin Prado due up.
Brewers 1, Diamondbacks 1 Bot 5, 2 OutsJul 13 11:22 PM
- Kyle Lohse single to center scored Logan Schafer with two out. On the play, Jeff Bianchi advances to third. Runners on first and third and Norichika Aoki due up.
Brewers 1, Diamondbacks 0 Top 2, 2 OutsJul 13 10:33 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Jul 13 10:11 PM
- Brewers-Braves Preview May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Syndergaard Ks 11, Conforto homers as Mets sweep Brewers May 22
- Eickhoff shuts down Braves over 7 innings, Phillies win 5-0 May 22
- Greinke, Diamondbacks too much for Cardinals, 7-2 May 22
- Braun back in Brewers' lineup vs Mets after missing 4 games May 22
- LEADING OFF: Bradley's 26-game hit streak, Braun recovering May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Brewers-Mets Preview May 21
- Wright swings away, gives Mets 5-4 comeback win over Brewers May 21
- Diamondbacks-Cardinals Preview May 21
- Late rally falls short as Diamondbacks fall to Cardinals 6-2 May 21