Lucroy's blast sends Brewers past RedsAug 17, 2013 - 6:22 AM Milwaukee, WI (Sports Network) - Jonathan Lucroy's two-run home run in the bottom of the ninth inning gave the Milwaukee Brewers a 7-6 win over the Cincinnati Reds in the second of a four-game set.
With Aroldis Chapman (3-5) on the mound, Jean Segura started the inning by beating out an infield single. Lucroy then blasted a 1-2 pitch well into the left-field stands for his first career walk-off home run.
"He hung a slider to him and he didn't miss," Reds manager Dusty Baker said.
Lucroy went 3-for-5 with three RBI and two runs scored, while Khris Davis also drove in a pair of runs for the Brewers, who had lost three of four.
"It just feels good to get the win. We kind of had a rough game throwing the ball. It feels good to get a win hitting-wise," Lucroy said.
Tom Gorzelanny lasted just 4 2/3 innings in the start as he was charged with five runs on six hits. John Axford (6-6) pitched a scoreless top of the ninth to take home the win.
Todd Frazier went 3-for-3 with a solo home run and four RBI and Chris Heisey added a two-run shot for the Reds, who had a five-game winning streak snapped.
Mike Leake gave up four runs on nine hits in five innings of starting action.
The Reds got on the board in the first inning as Frazier's two-out single with the bases loaded plated a pair of runs for a 2-0 lead.
Milwaukee got one back in the second on Juan Francisco's solo homer to left, his 18th of the season.
The Brewers took the lead in the third. Segura tripled with one out and came home when Lucroy followed with a single. Aramis Ramirez then singled and, two batters later, Davis doubled home both runners for a 4-2 lead.
Cincinnati made it a one-run game in the fourth as Frazier led off the frame with his 12th homer of the season, and the Reds again used the long ball in the fifth to take the lead as Heisey homered after Shin-Soo Choo singled for a 5-4 advantage.
A Segura RBI single in the sixth tied the game, but Frazier plated Heisey with an RBI single in the seventh to put the Reds back on top, 6-5.
Cincinnati has won seven of the 11 games against the Brewers this season ... Both teams left eight men on base as the Brewers went 4-for-10 with runners in scoring position while the Reds were 2-for-7 ... Mat Latos takes the mound for Cincinnati on Saturday, and Yovani Gallardo will pitch for the Brewers.
- CINCINNATI: 6
Aug 16 11:43 PM
- Jonathan Lucroy none-out, two-run Home Run (17) to left scored Jean Segura to end the game.
Reds 6, Brewers 7 Bot 9, 0 OutsAug 16 11:37 PM
- Todd Frazier single to left scored Chris Heisey with two out. On the play, Jay Bruce advances to second. Runners on first and second and Devin Mesoraco due up.
Reds 6, Brewers 5 Top 7, 2 OutsAug 16 10:44 PM
- Jean Segura single to center scored Logan Schafer with two out. On the play, Jean Segura advances to second on the throw. Runner on second and Jonathan Lucroy due up.
Reds 5, Brewers 5 Bot 6, 2 OutsAug 16 10:29 PM
- Chris Heisey none-out, two-run Home Run (6) to left scored Shin-Soo Choo. Joey Votto due up.
Reds 5, Brewers 4 Top 5, 0 OutsAug 16 9:35 PM
- Todd Frazier lead-off Home Run (12) to left. Devin Mesoraco due up.
Reds 3, Brewers 4 Top 4, 0 OutsAug 16 9:19 PM
- Khris Davis double to left, deflected by center scored Jonathan Lucroy and Aramis Ramirez with two out. Runner on second and Scooter Gennett due up.
Reds 2, Brewers 4 Bot 3, 2 OutsAug 16 9:12 PM
- Jonathan Lucroy single to center scored Jean Segura with one out. Runner on first and Aramis Ramirez due up.
Reds 2, Brewers 2 Bot 3, 1 OutAug 16 9:03 PM
- Juan Francisco one-out, solo Home Run (18) to left. Khris Davis due up.
Reds 2, Brewers 1 Bot 2, 1 OutAug 16 8:45 PM
- Todd Frazier single to center scored Joey Votto and Brandon Phillips with two out. On the play, Jay Bruce advances to third. Runners on first and third and Devin Mesoraco due up.
Reds 2, Brewers 0 Top 1, 2 OutsAug 16 8:25 PM
- CINCINNATI: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Aug 16 8:11 PM
- Brewers-Braves Preview May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Syndergaard Ks 11, Conforto homers as Mets sweep Brewers May 22
- Eickhoff shuts down Braves over 7 innings, Phillies win 5-0 May 22
- Martin, Cano help Mariners sweep, hand Reds 7th loss in row May 22
- Braun back in Brewers' lineup vs Mets after missing 4 games May 22
- Reds promote 3 pitchers from Triple-A Louisville May 22
- LEADING OFF: Bradley's 26-game hit streak, Braun recovering May 22
- Brewers-Mets Preview May 21
- Mariners-Reds Preview May 21