Dodgers down Rockies, run win streak to sixSep 4, 2013 - 6:31 AM Denver, CO (Sports Network) - Carl Crawford went 3-for-5 with two RBI and a run scored as the Los Angeles Dodgers took a 7-4 win over the Colorado Rockies in the second of a three-game set.
Nick Punto went 4-for-5 with a run scored, while Adrian Gonzalez and Tim Federowicz each drove in a run for the Dodgers, winners in six straight.
Ricky Nolasco (12-9) won his sixth decision in his past seven starts as he gave up just two runs on five hits and a walk with five strikeouts over six innings.
"What Ricky has been able to do is just come in and basically give us another guy," said Dodgers manager Don Mattingly. "Every time that he pitches, he gives us a good outing."
Josh Rutledge hit a solo home run, while Troy Tulowitzki and Todd Helton each drove in a run for the Rockies, who have lost three of their last four.
Jhoulys Chacin (13-8) was tagged for four runs on nine hits over seven innings to take the loss. He also had an RBI single at the plate.
"He really settled down there after the first inning and pitched seven frames for us," said Colorado manager Walt Weiss about Chacin. "He did a good job for us tonight and really had good stuff with his fastball."
Colorado had made it a one-run game in the eighth when Rutledge led off with his seventh homer of the season. The team later got Dexter Fowler to second with one out, but Tulowitzki hit a liner to short and Fowler was caught off the bag for the inning-ending double play.
Los Angeles gave itself some breathing room in the ninth. With Rex Brothers on the mound, Punto singled with one out, while Michael Young and Andre Ethier later reached base on a single and walk, respectively. Mark Ellis then hit a long fly ball to left-center field that Charlie Culberson appeared to have tracked down, but the ball hit the heel of his glove and fell, allowing all three runs to score for a 7-3 lead.
The runs proved fortunate as the Rockies got one across in the ninth on Helton's run-scoring groundout, but that was all the team could get as Chris Withrow struck out Corey Dickerson with a man on base for his first career save.
Los Angeles got on board in the second thanks to a sacrifice fly from Federowicz and a two-run single by Crawford for a 3-0 lead.
The Dodgers made it 4-0 in the fifth on Gonzalez's sac fly, but Chacin helped himself out in the home half when he singled home Charlie Blackmon, who had doubled in the previous at-bat.
DJ LeMahieu doubled to start the sixth and made it to third on the play thanks to Crawford's error, and scored on a groundout by Tulowitzki for a 4-2 contest.
Dodger rookie phenom Yasiel Puig sat out the game after aggravating a right knee injury on Monday ... The Dodgers have won eight of the 15 games against the Rockies this season ... Los Angeles went 2-for-10 with runners in scoring position and left nine on base ... Nolasco moved to 7-3 in 11 games against the Rockies ... Chacin fell to 8-6 in 16 games against the Dodgers.
- LOS ANGELES: 7
Sep 3 11:52 PM
- Todd Helton groundout to first scored Wilin Rosario with two out. None on with two outs and Nolan Arenado due up.
Dodgers 7, Rockies 4 Bot 9, 2 OutsSep 3 11:45 PM
- Charlie Culberson's fielding error scored Nick Punto, Michael Young and Andre Ethier with two out. Runner on second with two outs and Skip Schumaker due up.
Dodgers 7, Rockies 3 Top 9, 2 OutsSep 3 11:31 PM
- Pinch-Hitter Josh Rutledge lead-off Home Run (7) to left. Dexter Fowler due up.
Dodgers 4, Rockies 3 Bot 8, 0 OutsSep 3 11:04 PM
- Troy Tulowitzki groundout to short scored DJ LeMahieu with one out. None on with one out and Michael Cuddyer due up.
Dodgers 4, Rockies 2 Bot 6, 1 OutSep 3 10:20 PM
- Jhoulys Chacin single to right scored Charlie Blackmon with two out. Runner on first with two outs and Dexter Fowler due up.
Dodgers 4, Rockies 1 Bot 5, 2 OutsSep 3 10:08 PM
- Adrian Gonzalez sacrifice fly to center scored Carl Crawford with one out. Runner on first with one out and Michael Young due up.
Dodgers 4, Rockies 0 Top 5, 1 OutSep 3 9:53 PM
- Carl Crawford single to left scored Mark Ellis and Skip Schumaker with two out. Runner on first with two outs and Nick Punto due up.
Dodgers 3, Rockies 0 Top 2, 2 OutsSep 3 9:06 PM
- Tim Federowicz sacrifice fly to center scored Andre Ethier with one out. Runners on first and second with one out and Ricky Nolasco due up.
Dodgers 1, Rockies 0 Top 2, 1 OutSep 3 9:03 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Sep 3 8:42 PM
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch, leaves game May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates postponed after 1 inning; makeup on Monday May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22
- Dodgers-Padres Preview May 22