Rockies blank DodgersSep 29, 2013 - 6:26 AM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Nolan Arenado drove in the only run of the game as the Colorado Rockies took a 1-0 win over the Los Angeles Dodgers on Saturday.
Juan Nicasio (9-9) gave up just three hits and a walk with seven strikeouts over 5 1/3 innings for the Rockies, who had lost four of five coming into the game.
"That's the thing about Juan, he can step up and have a great performance like that," said Colorado manager Walt Weiss.
Zack Greinke (15-4) gave up a run on four hits while striking out seven in six innings of work to lose for the first time since July 25 for the Dodgers, who are locked into the third seed in the National League.
"We're all looking forward to it," said Dodgers first baseman Adrian Gonzalez about the playoffs. "We get one more tune-up tomorrow and then we'll start getting ready for whoever we have to play."
Colorado got on the board in the fourth inning as Troy Tulowitzki doubled with one out and later scored on an Arenado double for a 1-0 lead.
The Dodgers left men on second and third in the second, and Juan Uribe on second in the fourth after he hit a ground-rule double with two outs.
Los Angeles loaded the bases in the sixth with one out, but Adam Ottavino took the mound and got Uribe to foul out before inducing a fly out from Scott Van Slyke to end the frame.
Rex Brothers recorded the final four outs for his 18th save of the season.
Each team has won nine games in the season series ... The Dodgers were 0-for-4 with runners in scoring position and left eight men on base ... Greinke fell to 3-2 in 10 games against the Rockies ... Nicasio moved to 3-2 in eight starts against the Dodgers.
- COLORADO: 1
LOS ANGELES: 0
Sep 29 12:22 AM
- Nolan Arenado doubled to left scoring Troy Tulowitzki with two outs. Runner on second with two outs and Jordan Pacheco due up.
Rockies 1, Dodgers 0 Top 4, 2 OutsSep 28 10:25 PM
- COLORADO: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
Top 1, 0 Outs
Sep 28 9:12 PM
- Ventura: Relievers, media pose threats to Bradley's streak May 23
- Pirates' Vogelsong hit in head by pitch, leaves game May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Reds-Dodgers Preview May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Puig's 2-run single in 17th leads Dodgers over Padres, 9-5 May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Rockies-Pirates postponed after 1 inning; makeup on Monday May 22
- Plate umpire Rackley leaves after getting hit by foul bunt May 22
- Dodgers lose 3-2 in 11th after Tsao issues walk-off walk May 22
- Dodgers-Padres Preview May 22