Series finale between Astros and Cubs snowed outApr 11, 2007 - 3:54 PM CHICAGO (Ticker) -- Wednesday afternoon's scheduled game between the Houston Astros and Chicago Cubs was postponed due to snow.
The game has been rescheduled for July 12, two days after the All-Star break.
Both teams are off on Thursday, but the forecast calls for more snow and rain.
Wrigley Field was covered with snow Wednesday morning, forcing Cubs' officials to postpone the game.
The last game at Wrigley Field postponed due to snow was the Cubs' scheduled home opener on April 7, 2003 against Montreal.
Chicago will host the Cincinnati Reds on Friday in the opener of a three-game series.
The Astros, who won the first two games of this shortened series, will play at Philadelphia on Friday.
The Cleveland Indians had a four-game home series against the Seattle Mariners from April 6-9 wiped out by snow and cold temperatures. The threat of more inclement weather forced the Indians to move their next series to Milwaukee.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Orioles-Astros Preview May 23
- Cubs-Cardinals Preview May 23
- Bumgarner throws gem, gets RBI in Giants' 1-0 win over Cubs May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Hamels fans 11, Rangers down Keuchel, Astros 9-2 for sweep May 22
- Cubs-Giants Preview May 22
- Cain, Posey lead Giants over Cubs 5-3 May 22
- Lester goes just 2 2/3 innings in Cubs' 5-3 loss to Giants May 21
- Rangers-Astros Preview May 21
- Andrus, Ramos lead Rangers over Astros 2-1 May 21
- Cubs RF Jason Heyward out 3-5 games with side bruise May 21