Rain washes out Mets-Cardinals series finaleJun 29, 2007 - 12:27 AM FLUSHING, New York (Ticker) -- Thursday's game between the New York Mets and the defending world champion St. Louis Cardinals was postponed due to rain.
No makeup date has been announced.
"We were ready to go, but nobody wanted to stay around until 10:30 p.m. (EDT)," St. Louis manager Tony La Russa said.
The Mets won two of the first three games of the scheduled four-game series, outlasting the Cardinals in 11 innings on Monday and winning a rain-shortened, six-inning affair Wednesday. St. Louis posted an 11-inning victory on Tuesday.
New York visits the Philadelphia Phillies this weekend, opening the four-game series Friday with a day-night doubleheader. Orlando Hernandez (3-3, 2.77 ERA) faces J.D. Durbin (0-0, 94.50) in Game One, which begins at 1:05 p.m. EDT, and John Maine (8-4, 2.87) will start against Cole Hamels (9-3, 3.80) in the nightcap at 7:05 p.m.
The Cardinals will finish their six-game road trip with a weekend series at Cincinnati, sending righthander Adam Wainwright (6-6, 4.58) to the hill against Bronson Arroyo (2-9, 5.14) in the opener on Friday.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Mets' Duda out long term with stress fracture in lower back May 23
- Mets-Nationals Preview May 23
- Cubs-Cardinals Preview May 23
- LEADING OFF: Kershaw tests streak vs Reds, Colon faces Nats May 23
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Syndergaard Ks 11, Conforto homers as Mets sweep Brewers May 22
- Greinke, Diamondbacks too much for Cardinals, 7-2 May 22
- Signs of progress for Stanton in Marlins' 8-2 loss to Nats May 22
- Braun back in Brewers' lineup vs Mets after missing 4 games May 22
- Brewers-Mets Preview May 21
- Diamondbacks-Cardinals Preview May 21
- Late rally falls short as Diamondbacks fall to Cardinals 6-2 May 21