Giants, Marlins to play doubleheader SundayMay 25, 2008 - 7:24 AM MIAMI (Ticker) -- The San Francisco Giants and Florida Marlins will play a doubleheader Sunday after the second game of their three-game series was rained out Saturday night.
Mark Hendrickson (6-2) will start the first game for Florida against Matt Cain (2-3).
Rookie Patrick Misch (0-0) will look for his first career win for San Francisco in Game Two. Marlins manager Fredi Gonzalez will not name a starter until after Game One.
Sunday's first game is scheduled to start at 1:10 EDT, with the second game to begin approximately 30 minutes after the conclusion of the opener.
After a two-hour, 53-minute rain delay, Saturday's game was postponed here for the first time since September 3-5, 2004, when Hurricane Francis wiped out an entire three-game series against the Chicago Cubs.
The Giants, who matched their longest winning streak of the season at three games with Friday's 8-2 victory over Florida, will be aiming to win four in a row for the first time since a six-game run from September 13-18.
San Francisco had dropped six straight before its current winning streak.
The National League East-leading Marlins (27-20), who have won three of four, are hoping to end a five-game losing streak to San Francisco and avoid their sixth consecutive home loss against the Giants.
No one has shouted yet.
Be the first!
Be the first!
- Rays-Marlins Preview May 23
- Padres-Giants Preview May 23
- Bumgarner throws gem, gets RBI in Giants' 1-0 win over Cubs May 23
- Cubs slowed again by Bumgarner, Giants in 1-0 loss May 23
- Rookie Perdomo tough-luck loser in 9-5 defeat to Dodgers May 22
- Baseball Capsules May 22
- Archer hit hard as Rays fall 9-4 to Tigers May 22
- Signs of progress for Stanton in Marlins' 8-2 loss to Nats May 22
- Scherzer pitches 8 innings to help Nats beat Marlins 8-2 May 22
- Cubs-Giants Preview May 22
- Nationals-Marlins Preview May 22
- Nats' 9th-inning rally comes up short in 3-2 loss at Miami May 21