Scola leads Rockets over SpursDec 18, 2011 - 3:47 AM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - Luis Scola scored a game-high 20 points to lead the Houston Rockets to a 101-87 preseason victory over the San Antonio Spurs at Toyota Center.
Jordan Hill added a double-double with 17 points and 13 rebounds for the Rockets, while Terrence Williams and Goran Dragic dropped in 14 and 11 points, respectively.
DeJuan Blair and Manu Ginobili paced the Spurs with 16 points apiece, with Blair adding seven boards. Tiago Splitter scored 13 points and Matt Bonner contributed 12 off the bench to round out the game's double-digit scorers.
Houston held the shooting advantage, shooting 47.6 percent from the floor compared to 35.4 percent for San Antonio.
But neither team was efficient from three-point range as the Rockets made 3- of-20 attempts compared to the Spurs making 3-of-21 attempts.
- SAN ANTONIO: 87
Dec 17 10:27 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 65
End of 3rd
Dec 17 9:57 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 36
Dec 17 9:13 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 20
End of 1st
Dec 17 8:37 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Dec 17 8:11 PM
- Spurs-Thunder Preview May 23
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12