Bulls down Pacers, Hamilton strong in debutDec 21, 2011 - 3:50 AM Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Carlos Boozer led the way with 24 points and seven rebounds, but he was overshadowed by Richard Hamilton's 13-point debut and buzz of Derrick Rose's new contract extension in a 93-85 victory.
Hamilton made 6-of-12 shots to go along with six assists and four rebounds over nearly 30 minutes of action. Luol Deng totaled 14 points with seven boards, while Rose totaled 12 points with nine assists and five rebounds.
News spread during the second half that Rose and the team had reportedly agreed on a five-year contract extension. A formal announcement is expected on Wednesday.
Tyler Hansbrough paced Indiana with 24 points and 13 rebounds, while Paul George added 14 points and six rebounds. Danny Granger chipped in 12 points in defeat.
Chicago built a 24-15 lead after on quarter and trailed just once in the early going. The lead grew to as many as 18 points, and the Bulls converted 18 points in transition.
Chicago opens the regular season at the Lakers on Christmas Day, while the Pacers play their season-opener Monday against the Pistons.
- INDIANA: 85
Dec 20 10:24 PM
- INDIANA: 85
Dec 20 10:21 PM
- INDIANA: 66
End of 3rd
Dec 20 9:49 PM
- INDIANA: 42
Dec 20 9:10 PM
- INDIANA: 15
End of 1st
Dec 20 8:37 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Dec 20 8:12 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Raptors reach second round for first time 15 years May 2
- DeRozan has 30 points, Raptors beat Pacers 89-84 in Game 7 May 2