Rondo leads Celtics over WizardsJan 2, 2012 - 2:24 AM Washington, DC (Sports Network) - Rajon Rondo recorded a triple-double with 18 points, 14 assists and 11 rebounds, as Boston beat Washington 94-86, keeping the Wizards winless after four games this season.
Kevin Garnett totaled 24 points and nine boards, while Ray Allen scored 13 for the victors in the opener of the home-and-home set. The teams will meet Monday night in Boston.
John Wall had 19 points to lead the Wizards, while Nick Young scored 18, and JaVale McGee ended with 16 points and 14 boards.
The difference in Sunday's contest was a rough first half for the Wizards, who shot 28.2 percent (11-of-39) in the opening 24 minutes.
Allen's three-pointer capped an 8-0 stretch for a 19-9 Boston lead. The visitors claimed a 28-17 cushion after one quarter and built the margin to as many as 19 in the second before holding a 51-34 margin at the half.
A long-distance make from Jordan Crawford had Washington within 65-58 with 2 1/2 minutes left in the third, but Keyon Dooling countered with a three of his own and the Celtics were in front, 73-60 going to the fourth.
Garnett had 10 points in the final quarter, when the Celtics built a 15-point advantage and cruised to their second win after dropping their opening three games on the road this season.
Washington's Ronny Turiaf left the game in the third quarter with a left hand injury...Boston has won nine of its past 12 with the Wizards.
- BOSTON: 94
Jan 1 8:26 PM
- BOSTON: 73
End of 3rd
Jan 1 7:54 PM
- BOSTON: 51
Jan 1 7:12 PM
- BOSTON: 28
End of 1st
Jan 1 6:36 PM
- BOSTON: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Jan 1 6:12 PM
- Celtics' Olynyk undergoes successful shoulder surgery May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Love's Return: Cavs' big man thriving in second postseason May 11
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Hawks confident heading into 2nd round rematch with Cavs Apr 29
- Hawks overwhelm Celtics, move to 2nd round with 104-92 win Apr 29
- Hawks, Celtics alone on playoff stage in close out game Apr 28
- New coach Brooks: Focus is on Wizards players, not Durant Apr 27
- Stevens: Celtics' Thomas on track to play Game 6 vs. Hawks Apr 27
- Hawks-Celtics Preview Apr 27