Mavericks down WizardsMar 14, 2012 - 7:31 AM Dallas, TX (Sports Network) - Dirk Nowitzki scored 27 points and Jason Terry added 24 off the bench, as Dallas outlasted Washington, 107-98, on Tuesday.
Vince Carter chipped in 14 points and Shawn Marion recorded a double-double of 10 points and 13 rebounds. Rodrigue Beaubois donated 19 points and six boards for the Mavericks, who snapped a three-game slide.
"We got a good win tonight," said Marion. "Everybody contributed and that's what we're going to have to do."
Trevor Booker led a balanced attack with 20 points and 12 rebounds, while John Wall posted 18 points and dished out 10 assists and Jordan Crawford tallied 15 points for Washington, which has dropped three in a row.
"I think we competed tonight, we just gave up too many easy baskets at times and turned the ball over," said Wall.
The teams went toe-to-toe in the first stanza, as Dallas reeled off the final five points of the period to hold a 27-26 advantage. Washington, however, didn't wilt, reclaiming the lead at 40-38 on Young's floater in the lane nearing the 6 1/2-minute mark.
The Mavericks started to find their stride near the end of the half, sprinting out to a 58-48 lead with eight straight points capped by Nowitzki's jumper. Dallas held a 60-51 advantage heading into the locker room.
The lead grew to 12 at one point in the third, but the scrappy Wizards scored the next 11 to pull within two, 68-66, on a pair of free throws from Chris Singleton. Dallas regained its double-digit lead at the tail end of the period and held an 83-75 margin going into the final period.
Dallas pushed its edge to 92-79 on Beaubois' free throw with just over 8 1/2 minutes left, and the Mavericks held the Wizards at bay the rest of the way.
JaVale McGee scored 12 points, Nick Young added 15 off the bench and Shelvin Mack posted 11 for the Wizards...Washington made just 2-of-12 from beyond the arc. Dallas wasn't much better, connecting on 6-of-22 threes...Dallas has won four straight over the Wizards.
- WASHINGTON: 98
Mar 13 10:57 PM
- WASHINGTON: 75
End of 3rd
Mar 13 10:26 PM
- WASHINGTON: 51
Mar 13 9:38 PM
- WASHINGTON: 26
End of 1st
Mar 13 9:07 PM
- WASHINGTON: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Mar 13 8:42 PM
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Mavericks guard Harris has surgeries on left toe, thumb May 10
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- New coach Brooks: Focus is on Wizards players, not Durant Apr 27
- Nowitzki not retiring, all but certain to return to Mavs Apr 26
- Washington announces Scott Brooks as Wizards next head coach Apr 26
- Westbrook leads Thunder past Mavericks; OKC wins series 4-1 Apr 26
- Thunder use balance to advance past Mavericks Apr 26
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 26
- Mejri, Lee out for Dallas against Oklahoma City playoff game Apr 25