Martin leads Wizards in rout of SixersMar 31, 2012 - 4:30 AM Washington, DC (Sports Network) - Cartier Martin made four three-pointers en route to 20 points, as the Washington Wizards dominated the Philadelphia 76ers, 97-76, on Friday.
Jordan Crawford added 17 points for the Wizards, who snapped a five-game skid. Nene tallied 16 points and eight rebounds before leaving in the fourth quarter with a left fascia injury.
"I played within myself," Martin said. "They have trust in me, believe in me and I was able to make my shots."
Thaddeus Young and Lou Williams both scored 14 points for the Sixers, who had won five in a row against Washington. Evan Turner donated 11 points.
The Sixers held a 15-14 lead with 2:56 left in the first quarter, but Washington turned the tables with a 21-4 run.
Kevin Seraphin and Roger Mason tallied eight and seven points, respectively, during the surge to give the Wizards a 35-19 margin with 8:19 remaining in the first half.
Washington extended its advantage to 53-31 on John Wall's three-point play with 1:22 to go. The home team shot 51.1 percent from the field in the first half en route to a 55-36 lead.
The Wizards led by as many as 23 in the third frame and took a 79-62 margin into the fourth.
Philadelphia never got closer than 13 in the fourth.
"I could just see we weren't ready. For whatever reason, we weren't ready," Sixers head coach Doug Collins said.
The Sixers took three of four from the Wizards this season...Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala had seven points in his return to the lineup. He missed the previous two games due to tendinitis in his left knee...Washington snapped a four-game home losing streak...Seraphin tallied 14 points for the Wizards, who shot 48.3 percent from the field and 7-of-17 from three-point range.
- PHILADELPHIA: 76
Mar 30 9:11 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 62
End of 3rd
Mar 30 8:43 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 36
Mar 30 8:04 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 15
End of 1st
Mar 30 7:33 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Mar 30 7:12 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- 76ers add 2 executives to front office, promote key exec May 5
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- New coach Brooks: Focus is on Wizards players, not Durant Apr 27
- Washington announces Scott Brooks as Wizards next head coach Apr 26
- Durant: Happy ex-coach Brooks back in NBA, focused on Mavs Apr 22