Granger pushes Pacers past WizardsApr 5, 2012 - 3:23 AM Washington, DC (Sports Network) - Danny Granger poured in 20 points and the Indiana Pacers beat the Washington Wizards for the third time in under two weeks with a 109-96 victory on Wednesday.
Darren Collison scored 17 points and dished out 11 assists while Leandro Barbosa and Tyler Hansbrough netted 14 points apiece for the Pacers, who won their third straight to solidify their third-place position in the Eastern Conference standings.
"We have it right now and we have to just keep winning games," said Granger. "Things aren't going to get any easier from here on out, we just have to keep winning."
Indiana swept the season series 3-0 and has won six straight over Washington overall.
Jordan Crawford had 21 points at halftime and finished with 28 and Kevin Seraphin supplied a career-high 19 points to go with 10 rebounds, but it was not enough for the Wizards, who lost their third in a row and for 10th time in the last 12 games.
"We're not losing interest because everyone is playing hard," said Crawford. "You might get tired in a game, but we're all fighting hard out there every night."
Crawford's four three-pointers helped Washington keep it close in the first half, and the Pacers held a slim 52-51 lead at halftime.
Though they had no notable run, Indiana slowly built up a solid advantage in the third quarter, shooting 72.7 percent from the field as a team and outscoring the hosts 34-23 in what turned out to be the decisive frame.
The Pacers went up 21 on Collison's jumper midway through the fourth and Washington never threatened, trailing by double-digits throughout.
Washington forwards Nene and Trevor Booker missed their third straight game with plantar fasciitis...Seraphin's 19 points were a career-high...The Wizards' Brian Cook had season-highs in points (10) and rebounds (nine)...Indiana held a 54-42 advantage in the paint.
- INDIANA: 109
Apr 4 9:18 PM
- INDIANA: 86
End of 3rd
Apr 4 8:46 PM
- INDIANA: 52
Apr 4 8:08 PM
- INDIANA: 37
End of 1st
Apr 4 7:37 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Apr 4 7:12 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Raptors reach second round for first time 15 years May 2