Smith fills stat sheet as Hawks dominate BullsJan 8, 2012 - 4:17 AM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Josh Smith had 25 points, six blocks, five rebounds, five assists and four steals, as the Atlanta Hawks cooled off the Chicago Bulls, 109-94.
Joe Johnson and Vladimir Radmanovic each had 17 points for the Hawks, who have won two in a row. Al Horford and Jeff Teague tallied 14 and 12 points, respectively.
"It was a great team effort," Smith said. "The starters got us off to a good start and the bench players followed."
The news was not all good for Atlanta, which lost Marvin Williams to a sprained left ankle.
John Lucas donated 16 points for the Bulls, who had a six-game winning streak snapped. Kyle Korver chipped in with 13 points.
Jimmy Butler and Carlos Boozer each added 12 points in defeat. Derrick Rose was limited to eight points and six assists.
The Hawks never looked back after starting the game on a 12-1 run. Radmanovic bookended an 8-0 spurt near the end of the frame with a pair of three- pointers.
Atlanta shot 58.3 percent from the floor over the first 12 minutes to take a 33-18 lead.
"They're good. You have to give them credit," Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau said. "I thought they came out with a lot of intensity."
The Bulls used an 11-2 surge late in the second period to cut the gap to 45-43 with 4:09 remaining.
But the Hawks scored 18 of the half's final 20 points to create some distance again. Atlanta made four three-pointers during the surge to take a 63-45 margin into the break.
The home team opened the second half on a 16-5 run, with Teague's slam making it 79-50 with 5:52 to go. The score was 85-62 heading to the fourth.
The Hawks cruised to victory in the fourth.
Chicago had won three straight in the series, including a 76-74 victory in the Windy City on January 3...The Hawks shot 56.6 percent from the field...Radmanovic went 5-for-5 from three-point range...Bulls guard Richard Hamilton (groin) missed the game...Chicago fell to 5-2 as the guest this season.
- CHICAGO: 94
Jan 7 9:13 PM
- CHICAGO: 62
End of 3rd
Jan 7 8:44 PM
- CHICAGO: 45
Jan 7 8:02 PM
- CHICAGO: 18
End of 1st
Jan 7 7:36 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Jan 7 7:13 PM
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- After fallback season, Hawks look to rise again in East May 9
- Love, James lead Cavs to another sweep, 100-99 over Hawks May 9
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals May 9
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 8
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 8
- Cavaliers-Hawks Preview May 7
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 7
- Frye leads another 3-point barrage, Cavs beat Hawks 121-108 May 7
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 7
- Hawks lineup change: Sefolosha for Korver in Game 3 vs Cavs May 6