Warriors run over JazzFeb 3, 2012 - 7:55 AM Oakland, CA (Sports Network) - Golden State's starting backcourt of Monta Ellis and Stephen Curry combined to score 62 points as the Warriors downed the Utah Jazz, 119-101.
Ellis had 33 points while Curry finished with 29 points and 12 assists for the Warriors, who used an 18-2 run that bridged between the third and fourth quarters to pull away. They have won two straight and three of four.
"The biggest thing was defending and getting out and running," Ellis said. "We were playing Warriors basketball."
Gordon Hayward had 21 points while Josh Howard and Al Jefferson netted 19 points apiece for the Jazz, who have lost two consecutive games.
Utah's starting point guard Devin Harris was a late scratch due to a left hamstring injury and backup point guard Earl Watson was also out due to a sprained left ankle. In his first start since November 30, 2009, Jamaal Tinsley scored nine points to go with 13 assists.
"I'm just staying ready and waiting for my number to be called," Tinsley said.
With the game tied at 75 with 2:28 to go in the third, David Lee ignited the 18-2 spark with a jumper and Curry's layup capped it as the Warriors took a 93-77 advantage early in the fourth. Ellis tallied eight points during the surge.
The Warriors led by as many as 23 in the fourth, cruising to the easy win.
Ellis poured in 10 points in the opening stanza as Golden State took a 25-22 lead into the second.
Curry's jumper with 1.9 left in the first half gave the Warriors a 48-46 halftime advantage.
Ellis netted 16 points in the third quarter...Lee finished with 23 points and 14 rebounds...The Warriors scored 20 points off 14 Utah turnovers...Ellis and Curry recorded three steals apiece.
- UTAH: 101
GOLDEN STATE: 119
Feb 3 12:50 AM
- UTAH: 77
GOLDEN STATE: 88
End of 3rd
Feb 3 12:14 AM
- UTAH: 46
GOLDEN STATE: 48
Feb 2 11:34 PM
- UTAH: 22
GOLDEN STATE: 25
End of 1st
Feb 2 11:05 PM
- UTAH: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Feb 2 10:43 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19