Harden lifts Thunder over JazzFeb 15, 2012 - 7:02 AM Oklahoma City, OK (Sports Network) - James Harden scored 22 points and dished out five assists off the bench, and the Oklahoma City Thunder defeated the Utah Jazz, 111-85, at Chesapeake Energy Arena on Tuesday.
Kevin Durant had 21 points and fellow All-Star Russell Westbrook added 16, while Serge Ibaka notched a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds for the Thunder, who won their second consecutive game, both over Utah. Oklahoma City bested the Jazz, 101-87, on the road Friday.
Al Jefferson scored 15 and Paul Millsap posted 10 points and eight rebounds for the Jazz, who lost their fifth game in six tries. They finished a back-to- back-to-back stretch at 1-2.
Oklahoma City shot 54.5 percent from the field, while holding Utah to just 35.6 percent.
"We're at our best when we're playing defense and making them take tough shots," said Thunder head coach Scott Brooks.
Jefferson scored 11 in the first quarter on 5-of-10 shooting from the field, but his teammates shot just 18.8 percent (3-of-16), and the Thunder utilized a balanced attack to take a 25-19 lead after one.
The second period belonged to the Oklahoma City bench. Paced by Harden's nine points, the Thunder reserves scored 16 of the team's 28, including five from Harden during a 9-0 run after the Jazz cut their deficit to just three. The home team entered the locker room up 53-39.
Utah was on the precipice of getting back into the game near the midpoint of the third, rolling off a 8-2 spurt to cut the deficit to 12, but the Thunder responded by scoring 13 of the next 19. Oklahoma City led 79-63 after three.
Oklahoma City won its seventh consecutive game at home...The Thunder have won four of their last five...Oklahoma City held a 60-42 edge in points scored in the paint and 17-4 in fastbreak points...The Thunder led by as many as 27. Utah never led.
- UTAH: 85
OKLAHOMA CITY: 111
Feb 14 10:24 PM
- UTAH: 63
OKLAHOMA CITY: 79
End of 3rd
Feb 14 9:52 PM
- UTAH: 39
OKLAHOMA CITY: 53
Feb 14 9:09 PM
- UTAH: 19
OKLAHOMA CITY: 25
End of 1st
Feb 14 8:38 PM
- UTAH: 0
OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Feb 14 8:12 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19