Boozer, Bulls silence JazzMar 11, 2012 - 7:13 AM Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Carlos Boozer had 27 points and Derrick Rose scored 24 with 13 assists Saturday, leading the Chicago Bulls over the Utah Jazz, 111-97.
Kyle Korver made six three-pointers and scored 26 for the Bulls, who bounced back from a loss to Orlando on Thursday to win for the ninth time in their last 10 games.
Paul Millsap scored 26 points to lead the Jazz, who have lost two in a row and three of five.
The Bulls led by as many as 23 and won easily despite playing without Luol Deng (wrist), Richard Hamilton (shoulder), C.J. Watson (ankle) and Joakim Noah (illness).
"You know how hard you have to play to win when you're healthy and you have to play that much harder when you're short-handed. We did that tonight," said Boozer. "We went on a couple great runs in the second half to give us a cushion and it was a great win for us."
They shot 55.8 percent from the floor, including 52.6 percent in the second quarter while they took the lead for good.
The teams were tied at 22 after the first, but the Bulls scored the first nine points in the second. Boozer had four, including a jumper to give Chicago a 31-22 lead.
The Bulls carried a 48-41 lead into halftime and pushed their advantage to 18 near the end of the third on a pair of Ronnie Brewer free throws that made it 79-61.
The lead reached as high as 23 on a Korver three-pointer with five minutes to play and Chicago cruised from there.
The Jazz finished up a 2-3 road trip and are back in Utah Monday to play Detroit.
"It didn't go like we wanted it to. Of course we wanted to win every game. That's kind of obvious," said Millsap of the road trip. "We fought in every game that we lost, so that's a plus."
The Bulls won both meetings with the Jazz last season. This was their only meeting this season...Chicago is 1-1 on a six-game homestand.
- UTAH: 97
Mar 10 11:21 PM
- UTAH: 63
End of 3rd
Mar 10 10:49 PM
- UTAH: 41
Mar 10 10:06 PM
- UTAH: 22
End of 1st
Mar 10 8:33 PM
- UTAH: 0
1st Quarter - 11:45
Mar 10 8:15 PM
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- APNewsBreak: Timberwolves talking with Mark Jackson Apr 19
- Steve Kerr enjoying the ride watching Warriors make history Apr 14
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- Changes could be in store for Bulls after rough season Apr 14
- Kobe scores 60 points in unbelievable farewell victory Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14
- Bulls wipe out big early deficit, pound 76ers 115-105 Apr 14
- Jerry Colangelo insists he had no role in 76ers hiring son Apr 13