Millsap helps Jazz rout NetsMar 27, 2012 - 3:38 AM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Showing no fatigue after a four-overtime loss in Atlanta the day before, the Utah Jazz finished their four games in five days stretch with a resounding 105-84 win over the New Jersey Nets on Monday.
"That should show you how well we're playing right now," said Jazz center Al Jefferson, who scored 19 points.
Paul Millsap had a double-double with 24 points and 13 rebounds for Utah, which has won seven of its last eight games.
Playing against his former club for the first time in New Jersey, Deron Williams netted 17 points, but on just 7-of-21 shooting. He also dished out 11 assists.
Gerald Green scored 20 points to lead New Jersey, which has dropped six of its last seven contests.
The Nets, who trailed 49-32 at halftime, saw the deficit reach 22, 54-32, following Millsap's dunk early in the third quarter.
Williams, who scored just three points in the first half, netted 10 points to go with five assists in the third as the Nets whittled the margin to 72-65 heading into the fourth.
Williams' turnaround jumper capped a 15-2 push by the Nets that bridged the third and fourth periods, pulling the hosts within 72-69 with 11:02 remaining.
But the Jazz responded with an 18-4 surge to put the game away.
Millsap scored seven points during the stretch, which Devin Harris capped with a triple for a 90-73 lead midway through the frame.
Utah led by as many as 23 down the stretch, cruising to the easy win.
"They're a good team, a playoff team. They did a good job of getting re- focused and blowing it open," said Williams.
Trailing, 17-15, after the first quarter, the Jazz began the second stanza on a 17-4 run, and Harris jumper gave the visitors a 32-21 advantage midway through the frame.
Utah, which outscored New Jersey 34-15 in the second, took a 49-32 lead into the locker room.
Williams shot 1-of-9 from the field in the first half...The Jazz outscored the Nets in the paint, 58-44...New Jersey was 5-of-21 from beyond the arc while Utah was 5-of-14 from three-point range.
- UTAH: 105
NEW JERSEY: 84
Mar 26 9:46 PM
- UTAH: 72
NEW JERSEY: 65
End of 3rd
Mar 26 9:16 PM
- UTAH: 49
NEW JERSEY: 32
Mar 26 8:35 PM
- UTAH: 15
NEW JERSEY: 17
End of 1st
Mar 26 8:07 PM
- UTAH: 0
NEW JERSEY: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Mar 26 7:44 PM
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Nets hire Hawks assistant Kenny Atkinson as new coach Apr 17
- Company of Russian owner of Brooklyn Nets searched in Moscow Apr 15
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- Tough season and more tough times ahead for the Nets Apr 14
- Kobe scores 60 points in unbelievable farewell victory Apr 14