Spurs top Jazz for 11th straight winApr 9, 2012 - 3:09 AM San Antonio, TX (Sports Network) - Tony Parker scored 10 of his 28 points in the fourth quarter and the Western Conference-leading Spurs ran their winning streak to 11 with a 114-104 victory over the Utah Jazz.
Manu Ginobili added 23 points and Tim Duncan posted 13 points and 16 rebounds for playoff-bound San Antonio, which leads the conference by percentage points over the Thunder.
The Spurs, who also won 11 straight from January 30-February 20 earlier this year, can reach an NBA-best 12-game winning streak against the Jazz on Monday.
Al Jefferson finished with 19 points and 10 rebounds, and Derrick Favors chipped in 14 and 12 for Utah, which sits 1 1/2 games back of Denver for the final playoff spot in the Western Conference with nine to play.
The Jazz were outscored at the free throw line, 38-16.
"I thought (the Spurs) were aggressive. They shot the ball very well," Jazz head coach Tyrone Corbin said.
Parker scored 10 points in the first quarter and the Spurs shot 65 percent from the field in the opening 12 minutes to build a 31-19 lead.
The margin grew to as many as 19 in the second, which ended with the hosts holding a 57-40 advantage.
The Jazz used a 9-0 run late in the third to get back in it and trailed 85-76 entering the fourth.
Holding an eight-point lead, 108-100 with under two minutes remaining, Parker put the game away with layups on consecutive possessions, the last coming off a spin move in the lane against Devin Harris, who had just missed two free throws at the other end.
"Tony decided he wasn't going to let them come back and he did what he did," said Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich.
The Spurs never trailed and swept the series from the Jazz for the second straight season...Danny Green netted 14 points for the Spurs, who shot 61 percent overall... The Jazz scored 24 points off 16 turnovers...Harris totaled 18 points and six assists.
- UTAH: 104
SAN ANTONIO: 114
Apr 8 9:25 PM
- UTAH: 76
SAN ANTONIO: 85
End of 3rd
Apr 8 8:48 PM
- UTAH: 40
SAN ANTONIO: 57
Apr 8 8:07 PM
- UTAH: 19
SAN ANTONIO: 31
End of 1st
Apr 8 7:36 PM
- UTAH: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Apr 8 7:11 PM
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12