Durant leads Thunder over SpursJan 9, 2012 - 3:09 AM Oklahoma City, OK (Sports Network) - Kevin Durant finished with 21 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists, leading the Thunder in a 108-96 victory over the Spurs on Sunday.
James Harden netted 20 points off the bench, while fellow reserve Nick Collison had 12 points and 10 boards for Oklahoma City, which started the weekend with a home-and-home sweep of Houston.
Gary Neal scored 18 points to lead the Spurs, who had won six straight against the Thunder and three in a row overall.
Oklahoma City held a 24-22 edge after the first quarter and started to take control by opening the second with a 9-0 run. The Thunder led throughout the period, and by as many as 12, before entering halftime with a 54-48 advantage.
The Spurs were in the game despite shooting just 42 percent in the first half, but couldn't keep up with the Thunder in the third quarter. Oklahoma City made 12-of-17 shots from the floor and 10-of-11 free throws.
San Antonio was still within 10 when Tim Duncan made a jumper with 5:30 left in the third, but the Thunder responded by scoring eight of the next 10 points.
Oklahoma City's lead reached 24 when Reggie Jackson drained a three with seven seconds left, and the Thunder carried a 91-69 lead into the fourth.
The Thunder led by a game-high 25 when Collison sank a reverse layup with 7:36 to play, making it a 98-73 contest. Oklahoma City cruised to the finish, although the Spurs ended the game with a 13-2 run.
Kawhi Leonard finished with 13 points and 10 rebounds for San Antonio, the rookie's first career double-double...Duncan had 11 points and seven boards...The Thunder last beat the Spurs on November 14, 2009.
- SAN ANTONIO: 96
OKLAHOMA CITY: 108
Jan 8 9:19 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 69
OKLAHOMA CITY: 91
End of 3rd
Jan 8 8:52 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 48
OKLAHOMA CITY: 54
Jan 8 8:09 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 22
OKLAHOMA CITY: 24
End of 1st
Jan 8 7:35 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Jan 8 7:12 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19