Terry, Nowitzki shine as Mavs rout KingsJan 15, 2012 - 5:50 AM Dallas, TX (Sports Network) - Jason Terry scored 21 points and Dirk Nowitzki chipped in 14 as the Dallas Mavericks routed the Sacramento Kings, 99-60, on Saturday night.
"We made the Mavs mad," said Kings coach Keith Smart. "But we didn't have it and they played at a very, very high level."
Jason Kidd returned to the lineup after missing the last four games with a lower back injury and had five points, six assists and six steals for Dallas, which has recorded 16 straight home wins over the Kings.
The Mavericks' bench scored 68 points, outscoring the entire Kings team.
"We just talk about doing our job. When you have three guys that could possibly be All-Stars coming off the bench you should dominate. Our chemistry on the offensive end is not where we want it to be, but defensively if just compete and put out that extra effort every night on the defensive end we're going to be in a lot of ball games and win our fair share," Terry said of the bench.
The Mavericks have recovered from an abysmal 1-4 start by winning seven of eight.
DeMarcus Cousins had 12 points and 10 rebounds for Sacramento, which shot a putrid 25.6 percent from the field while registering an unfathomable 23 first- half points.
The Kings were 2-of-21 from three-point range.
"It was a great performance again defensively," Terry said. "It's what we're hanging our hat on so far this season. It was our key to success last year and guys have bought into the system and it's paid off."
The Mavericks jumped out to a quick 10-2 lead a little less than four minutes into the contest and never looked back. Nowitzki netted six points during the surge.
Terry had 10 points in the opening period as Dallas took a commanding 27-11 advantage after the first quarter.
Dallas outscored Sacramento 25-12 in the second stanza and took a 52-23 lead into the break. Terry had 13 points while Nowitzki netted 12 points to pace Dallas.
The Mavericks took a 72-45 advantage into the final quarter and cruised from there.
Overall the Mavs have won nine straight over Sacramento...The Kings missed their first eight shots from the field...Sacramento fell to 1-2 on its five- game road trip.
- SACRAMENTO: 60
Jan 14 11:17 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 45
End of 3rd
Jan 14 10:47 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 23
Jan 14 10:03 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 11
End of 1st
Jan 14 9:35 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Jan 14 9:12 PM
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Mavericks guard Harris has surgeries on left toe, thumb May 10
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28
- Nowitzki not retiring, all but certain to return to Mavs Apr 26
- Thunder use balance to advance past Mavericks Apr 26
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 26