Kings snap skid against MavericksMar 10, 2012 - 7:52 AM Sacramento, CA (Sports Network) - Marcus Thornton and Tyreke Evans scored 17 points apiece to lead seven Kings players in double figures, as Sacramento ran past Dallas, 110-97, to snap a 10-game skid against the Mavericks.
DeMarcus Cousins tallied 15 points, while Isaiah Thomas ended with 14 in Sacramento's second straight victory. Donte Green ended with 11 points, one more than teammates John Salmons and Francisco Garcia.
"We just did a good job of playing as a team tonight," said Thomas after the game. "Everything and everybody was really clicking and we did the game plan on the defensive end."
Jason Terry had 23 points for the Mavericks, who hadn't lost to the Kings since Jan. 11, 2009. Dirk Nowitzki ended with 13 points and nine rebounds. Shawn Marion scored 14 and Ian Mahinmi 12 in defeat, the sixth in a row on the road for the Mavs.
"We just can't win a close one anymore," said Nowitzki. "Either we don't get the stops or when we get the stop, we can't get the big basket. Hopefully at some point we're going to flip that switch and we're going to start winning those close games again."
The Kings shot 12-of-23 in the opening quarter, on the way to a 31-22 lead after 12 minutes. Thornton's three-ball widened the gap to 16-6, ending a string of nine straight points for the hosts.
Sacramento carried a 54-44 lead into the locker room and then got nine points from Thomas on a trio of three-pointers in the third. The Kings led by as many as 19 in the quarter before settling for an 88-72 cushion going to the fourth.
The Kings led by as many as 21 in the fourth.
Dallas went 6-of-22 from beyond the arc, compared to 11-of-27 for the Kings...Dallas committed 17 turnovers, leading to 28 Sacramento points.
- DALLAS: 97
Mar 10 12:18 AM
- DALLAS: 72
End of 3rd
Mar 9 11:48 PM
- DALLAS: 44
Mar 9 11:05 PM
- DALLAS: 22
End of 1st
Mar 9 10:36 PM
- DALLAS: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Mar 9 10:12 PM
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Mavericks guard Harris has surgeries on left toe, thumb May 10
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28
- Nowitzki not retiring, all but certain to return to Mavs Apr 26
- Thunder use balance to advance past Mavericks Apr 26
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 26