Bulls cruise to fifth straight winJan 5, 2012 - 6:12 AM Auburn Hills, MI (Sports Network) - Carlos Boozer scored a team-high 19 points and Derrick Rose added 17 and 10 assists, as the Bulls cruised to a 99-83 win over the Pistons on Wednesday.
Richard Hamilton scored 14 points against his former team, while Joakim Noah had 13 and 11 boards and Taj Gibson chipped in 12 points for the Bulls, winners of five straight.
"A lot of emotion early in the game being on the visitors' side," said Hamilton. "I'm not accustomed to it in this building. It was difficult. I was just like, 'Please man, don't start crying or anything crazy like that.'"
Greg Monroe had 19 points and 13 rebounds in defeat. Jonas Jerebko added 13 points and Damien Wilkins and Charlie Villanueva both finished with 10 for the Pistons, who saw their two-game win streak come to an end.
"Of course we wanted a third win and we didn't get it so it's very disappointing," said Jerebko. "We just have to go back to practices and work on it. We know we can beat these guys."
Hamilton played nine years in Detroit, helping the squad to a 2004 NBA Championship, before being bought out of his contract prior to this season. He did not play the last two games for the Bulls due to a groin injury, including Tuesday 19-point comeback win over the Hawks.
Chicago needed no such comeback at The Palace. They never trailed and led by as many as 20. Boozer, Noah and Gibson all scored eight points during the first half, as the Bulls took a 51-35 into the break.
In all, the Bulls shot 52.6 percent from the field and knocked down 5-of-12 treys, compared to just 1-of-6 for the Pistons.
The Bulls have won 12 straight and 17 of their previous 19 games against the Pistons...Detroit concluded a three-game homestand and take on Philadelphia on Friday...The Bulls will visit Orlando on Friday and Atlanta on Saturday to wrap up a three-game road trip.
- CHICAGO: 99
Jan 4 9:55 PM
- CHICAGO: 71
End of 3rd
Jan 4 9:18 PM
- CHICAGO: 51
Jan 4 8:39 PM
- CHICAGO: 22
End of 1st
Jan 4 8:09 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Jan 4 7:43 PM
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- No longer rebuilding, Pistons hope to improve in offseason Apr 28
- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Apr 27
- Owners of Pistons, Cavs trying to bring MLS to Detroit Apr 26
- Raptors' Dwane Casey wins PBWA's Rudy Tomjanovich Award Apr 25
- NBA: No foul on Jackson's shot to end Cavs' win over Pistons Apr 25
- No heartbreak: Cavs' sweep saves Bieber concert in Cleveland Apr 25
- Young Pistons have plenty of potential after playoff berth Apr 25
- Cavs head into second round looking sharp and healthy Apr 25
- Irving scores 31, Cavs sweep Pistons with 100-98 win Apr 25
- Spurs, Cavs look to sweep; Celtics, Rockets try to get even Apr 24
- Spurs, Cavs look to sweep; Celtics, Rockets try to get even Apr 23