Rose leads Bulls over MagicJan 7, 2012 - 4:26 AM
Luol Deng added 21 points, while Carlos Boozer had 20 and 13 boards for the Bulls, winners of six straight. Kyle Korver hit five three-pointers and finished with 18 points.
Dwight Howard paced the Magic, losers in two of their last three, with 28 points and 15 rebounds. Jason Richardson chipped in 17 points and Hedo Turkoglu finished with 12.
At 7-1, the Bulls are off to their best start to the 1996-97 campaign, when they began the year 12-0 en route to their second of three straight NBA titles.
On Friday, they used a dominant second quarter to take a 53-43 lead into the break. Deng scored 13 points on 6-of-8 shooting in the first half, while Rose added 12 points and six assists.
The advantage was 73-62 entering the fourth before the Magic briefly threatened. Howard made it an 80-77 game with six minutes remaining courtesy of back-to-back layups in the post. The Bulls, though, closed with a 17-6 run to seal the win. Korver was tough down the stretch, scoring nine points on 3- of-4 shooting from beyond the arc over the final 12 minutes of play.
The Bulls have held their opponents to under 100 points in seven of eight games this season...Chicago took three of four games from the Magic last season...Orlando forward Glen Davis had eight points and 10 rebounds.
- CHICAGO: 97
Jan 6 10:38 PM
- CHICAGO: 73
End of 3rd
Jan 6 9:59 PM
- CHICAGO: 53
Jan 6 9:10 PM
- CHICAGO: 26
End of 1st
Jan 6 8:38 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Jan 6 8:11 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Thursday's Sports in Brief May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Scott Skiles resigns as coach of Magic after just 1 season May 12
- BC-AP Sports Preview Digest May 12
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- APNewsBreak: Timberwolves talking with Mark Jackson Apr 19
- Steve Kerr enjoying the ride watching Warriors make history Apr 14
- Magic walk away from season disappointed, yet encouraged Apr 14
- Changes could be in store for Bulls after rough season Apr 14