Boozer, Rose help Bulls rout PistonsJan 10, 2012 - 3:58 AM Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Carlos Boozer had 23 points and eight rebounds, helping the Chicago Bulls handle the Detroit Pistons, 92-68.
Derrick Rose added 22 points and eight assists for the Bulls, who bounced back from a 109-94 loss at Atlanta on Saturday. Ronnie Brewer tallied 12 points.
Chicago (8-2) is off to its best start since a 12-0 record to begin the 1996-97 season.
Greg Monroe ended with 14 points, 10 boards and six assists for the Pistons, who have lost four in a row. Brandon Knight donated 13 points and five rebounds.
The Bulls jumped out to a 21-12 lead, but the Pistons scored the final nine points of the first quarter to tie the game.
Chicago used a strong second period to create some distance. The home team scored the first nine points of the stanza to take a 30-21 lead on Kyle Korver's three-pointer.
The Bulls shot 50 percent from the field in the second frame to take a 43-34 margin into the locker room.
It remained a nine-point game after each team scored 25 points in the third quarter.
Taj Gibson scored seven of his nine points during an 18-3 run by the Bulls to start the fourth. Boozer's two free throws gave Chicago an 86-62 lead with 3:48 to play.
The Bulls outscored the Pistons by a 24-9 margin in the final period.
Detroit suffered a 99-83 loss versus Chicago on January 4 this season at The Palace and has dropped the last 13 meetings between the two teams. The Bulls have won 18 of the last 20 contests in this series and are unbeaten in the previous 11 encounters at the United Center...Chicago guard Richard Hamilton missed his third straight game with a groin injury...The Bulls have won seven straight regular-season games at home dating back to last year...Detroit is 0-4 on the road this year...The Pistons were without Rodney Stuckey (sore groin) and Charlie Villanueva (sore right ankle).
- DETROIT: 68
Jan 9 10:21 PM
- DETROIT: 59
End of 3rd
Jan 9 9:48 PM
- DETROIT: 34
Jan 9 9:05 PM
- DETROIT: 21
End of 1st
Jan 9 8:37 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Jan 9 8:13 PM
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- No longer rebuilding, Pistons hope to improve in offseason Apr 28
- Emerging trend: Coaches given president's title in NBA Apr 27
- Owners of Pistons, Cavs trying to bring MLS to Detroit Apr 26
- Raptors' Dwane Casey wins PBWA's Rudy Tomjanovich Award Apr 25
- NBA: No foul on Jackson's shot to end Cavs' win over Pistons Apr 25
- No heartbreak: Cavs' sweep saves Bieber concert in Cleveland Apr 25
- Young Pistons have plenty of potential after playoff berth Apr 25
- Cavs head into second round looking sharp and healthy Apr 25
- Irving scores 31, Cavs sweep Pistons with 100-98 win Apr 25
- Spurs, Cavs look to sweep; Celtics, Rockets try to get even Apr 24
- Spurs, Cavs look to sweep; Celtics, Rockets try to get even Apr 23