Noah's triple-double leads Bulls past BucksFeb 23, 2012 - 5:16 AM Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Joakim Noah recorded his first career triple- double with 13 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists, as the Chicago Bulls cruised past the Milwaukee Bucks, 110-91.
Carlos Boozer added 20 points and seven boards for the Bulls (27-8), who head into the All-Star break on a two-game winning streak. Derrick Rose and Ronnie Brewer tallied 16 and 15 points, respectively.
"Obviously it's a very humbling accomplishment," Noah said. "But we're playing for more than that."
Brandon Jennings ended with 20 points and five assists for the Bucks (13-20), who head into the break on a two-game slide. Ersan Ilyasova and Jon Leuer had 15 and 14 points, respectively, in defeat.
Ahead by two, 23-21, with 3:11 left in the first quarter, the Bulls ripped off six straight points to build an eight-point cushion.
Chicago shot 55 percent from the field over the first 12 minutes and took a 30-23 margin into the second.
Holding a 57-51 edge late in the first half, the Bulls went on a 7-2 spurt. Boozer's jumper gave the home team a 64-53 lead at the break.
The Bulls extended their margin to 18 in the third stanza. A Taj Gibson layup and Noah's three-point play made it a 91-73 game with 38 seconds to go. It was a 93-75 contest heading to the fourth.
Chicago led by as many as 22 in the final period.
"They just make their runs like they always do," Jennings said.
The Bulls have won seven straight and 10 of the past 13 meetings with the Bucks, who have lost four straight and 12 of their last 13 trips to the Second City...Chicago guards C.J. Watson (concussion) and Richard Hamilton (thigh) missed the game...The Bulls improved to 4-1 on a six-game homestand that will wrap up on February 28 against the Hornets...The Bucks were without forwards Drew Gooden (wrist/knee) and Tobias Harris (shoulder) and guard Stephen Jackson (hamstring)...The Bulls shot 54.4 percent from the field and went 6-of-13 from beyond the arc.
- MILWAUKEE: 91
Feb 22 10:16 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 75
End of 3rd
Feb 22 9:47 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 53
Feb 22 9:09 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 23
End of 1st
Feb 22 8:36 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Feb 22 8:11 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Blazers' McCollum wins NBA's Most Improved Player Apr 22
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- APNewsBreak: Timberwolves talking with Mark Jackson Apr 19
- Steve Kerr enjoying the ride watching Warriors make history Apr 14
- Bucks step back on court, but future secure with new arena Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14
- Changes could be in store for Bulls after rough season Apr 14
- Police: Woman hurt trying to slide down rail at Bucks game Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14
- Bulls wipe out big early deficit, pound 76ers 115-105 Apr 14
- Solomon Hill scores 25, Pacers beat Bucks 97-92 Apr 13