Bulls shut down Pacers, win seventh straightMar 6, 2012 - 5:48 AM Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Luol Deng scored 20 points and the red-hot Chicago Bulls took down the Indiana Pacers, 92-72.
Derrick Rose added 13 points and nine assists for the Bulls, who have won seven in a row for the first time since ending last season with a nine-game surge. John Lucas also had 13 points.
"Last time we played them, they beat us here," Rose said. "Now we just have to deal with them, where they put up a fight every time we play them."
Paul George and George Hill ended with 21 and 17 points, respectively, for the Pacers, who had a six-game winning streak snapped. David West donated 10 points and nine boards.
The Pacers kept it close in the first half and took a 43-42 lead into the locker room.
But the Bulls used a big third quarter to take control of the game. Trailing by three, 47-44, with 10:01 left, Chicago went on a 20-4 run. Rose tallied eight points during the burst, which Deng capped with a pair of three-pointers to make it 64-51 with 4:56 to go.
Hill stopped the surge with a three-pointer, but the Bulls ended the period on an 11-2 spurt. Deng's two free throws made it a 75-56 game after three.
Chicago shot 54.5 percent from the field and went 5-of-7 from beyond the arc in the frame.
The Bulls cruised to victory in the fourth stanza.
"Give credit to the Bulls," Pacers head coach Frank Vogel said. "They won all the hustle stats, won all the loose balls, obviously kicked our butts on the glass. Clearly, they took control of the game in the third quarter by getting red-hot from the 3-point line."
The Bulls and Pacers have split a pair of meetings this season...Chicago guard C.J. Watson (ankle) missed the game...Indiana had reached the 100-point mark in five straight games...The Bulls improved to 15-2 at home this season.
- INDIANA: 72
Mar 5 10:24 PM
- INDIANA: 56
End of 3rd
Mar 5 9:47 PM
- INDIANA: 43
Mar 5 9:08 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Mar 5 8:12 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Raptors reach second round for first time 15 years May 2
- DeRozan has 30 points, Raptors beat Pacers 89-84 in Game 7 May 2