Nash helps Suns rout PortlandJan 7, 2012 - 7:18 AM
Nash went 7-for-7 from the field and was one of six Suns in double-figures. Jared Dudley had a game-high 18, Shannon Brown had 14, rookie Markieff Morris had 13 and Marcin Gortat and Hakim Warrick both finished with 12.
The Blazers, coming off of Thursday's win over the Lakers, appeared sluggish. They shot just 32.5 percent and committed 17 turnovers. LaMarcus Aldridge scored a team-high 14 points, while Nicolas Batum had 12 and Jamal Crawford chipped in 10.
"They were faster," said Trail Blazers coach Nate McMillan. "It just seemed like we were running in quicksand all night."
Portland fell for just the second time in seven games this season. The team earned a hard-fought 107-96 victory over the Lakers on Thursday. Gerald Wallace scored 31 points in the win, but Portland's second-leading scorer managed just one point on 0-of-6 shooting against the Suns, epitomizing the team's effort.
Phoenix jumped out to a 22-12 lead on Nash's trey midway through the first and never faltered. The score was 49-34 at the half and 74-55 after three. The lead ballooned to as many as 27 in the lopsided victory.
"We had a great start," said Suns coach Alvin Gentry. "I thought we did a good job offensively of getting out and running early and we also made some shots. But I think more than anything we did a great job of defending."
The Suns have won three of five after starting the season with a pair of losses.
Suns forward Grant Hill scored just six points on 1-of-6 shooting but was largely effective guarding Wallace...Last season, Portland took three of four games from Phoenix and scored more than 100 points in all of those contests.
- PORTLAND: 77
Jan 7 1:06 AM
- PORTLAND: 55
End of 3rd
Jan 7 12:28 AM
- PORTLAND: 34
Jan 6 11:41 PM
- PORTLAND: 19
End of 1st
Jan 6 11:06 PM
- PORTLAND: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Jan 6 10:41 PM
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Blazers coach Terry Stotts agrees to 3-year extension May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- Damian Lillard and Trail Blazers look to bright future May 12
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- MVP Curry and his Warriors teammates move closer to goal May 12
- Splash Brothers Curry, Thompson send Warriors to West finals May 12
- Trail Blazers-Warriors Preview May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 11