Westbrook, Thunder roll past Trail BlazersMar 19, 2012 - 6:10 AM
James Harden added 14 points for Oklahoma City, which was coming off of Friday's loss to the Spurs. The Thunder halted a two-game home skid with Sunday's victory.
"The intensity was good on both ends," said Durant. "We played together and got stops."
Jamal Crawford paced Portland with 23 points. Raymond Felton had 19, Wesley Matthews had 16 and LaMarcus Aldridge chipped in 15 and six rebounds for the Trail Blazers, who had defeated the Bulls on Friday.
Oklahoma City led from start to finish on Sunday.
Every starter scored in the first quarter. Thabo Sefolosha led the way with eight points and the Thunder were up 31-15 entering the second. There, they stretched the advantage to 21 before taking a 57-42 lead into the break.
Westbrook made 4-of-5 shots for nine points in the third and Oklahoma City was on top, 84-70, entering the fourth, where Portland made its only noticeable push.
It came in the form of a 6-0 run to open the quarter, as Crawford, Luke Babbitt and Nolan Smith all scored to reduce the deficit to eight, 84-76.
The run was short-lived, however. Harden answered with five consecutive free throws to stretch the Thunder advantage beyond double-digits and the Trail Blazers didn't threaten the rest of the way.
"They were ready for us," said Aldridge. "They came out playing fast. They don't even play a set offense so it's hard to really scout them. They are just making reads, guys are just playing."
The Western Conference-leading Thunder improved to 19-4 against conference foes on the season...Oklahoma City had dropped three of its previous four home games...Portland fell to 7-17 on the road this year.
- PORTLAND: 95
OKLAHOMA CITY: 111
Mar 19 12:05 AM
- PORTLAND: 70
OKLAHOMA CITY: 84
End of 3rd
Mar 18 11:25 PM
- PORTLAND: 42
OKLAHOMA CITY: 57
Mar 18 10:43 PM
- PORTLAND: 15
OKLAHOMA CITY: 31
End of 1st
Mar 18 10:11 PM
- PORTLAND: 0
OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Mar 18 9:46 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19