Hornets get back on winning track, down NuggetsJan 10, 2012 - 6:11 AM Denver, CO (Sports Network) - Carl Landry had 21 points and Chris Kaman added 20 points and seven rebounds as the New Orleans Hornets snapped a six-game losing streak with a 94-81 win over the Denver Nuggets.
Marco Belinelli netted 19 points and Jarret Jack finished with 13 points, nine assists, four rebounds and two steals for New Orleans, which shot 52 percent from the field and 6-of-10 from beyond the arc.
"They missed some shots obviously that they normally make. But I thought we took their transition away after the first quarter and that helped," Hornets head coach Monty Williams said.
Danilo Gallinari and Ty Lawson poured in 15 points apiece for the Nuggets, who have dropped consecutive contests since winning four in a row.
"It's a tough home loss, you don't like losing them," Nuggets head coach George Karl said. "I think you're seeing a lot of these games in the lockout type of year that one team kind of comes in and does all the right things and the other team is searching and we didn't find many answers."
Up by a point in the second quarter, 32-31, the Hornets used a 13-4 run to take their largest lead of the half, 45-35. Belinelli had seven points during the surge.
Belinelli scored 16 of his 19 points in the opening half as New Orleans took a 54-46 advantage into the locker room.
New Orleans shot 66.7 percent from the field in the third stanza while limiting Denver to just 31.6 percent as the Hornets took a 78-64 lead into the fourth. Kaman netted eight points in the quarter.
The Hornets led by as many as 21 in the final quarter and cruised to victory.
Gallinari paced the Nuggets with seven first-quarter points as Denver led, 27-26, after 12 minutes of play.
Gallinari had scored 20 points in four of his past five games coming in...Monday's tilt was the first of a four-game homestand for Denver, where it will also host New Jersey, Miami and Utah...The Nuggets defeated the Hornets, 96-88, in New Orleans on Friday.
- NEW ORLEANS: 94
Jan 9 11:23 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 78
End of 3rd
Jan 9 10:51 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 54
Jan 9 10:08 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 26
End of 1st
Jan 9 9:35 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Jan 9 9:12 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 28
- Hornets C Spencer Hawes out for remainder of series vs Heat Apr 28
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 28
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 27